Here are highlights from the day -
- This group has been on America's Got Talent this season and has developed quite the following from that! They made it pretty far in the competition and I can see why! They not only have a strong vocal talent but great musicians!
- "Emily, It's Love" - This song was made popular by Francesca Battestelli. The group definitely made the song its own.
- "There Is a God" - Beautiful song that Summer, the female vocalist, really shined on!
- "No Condemnation"
- "Absent From the Body"
- It was good seeing Joseph in a solo setting again. I hadn't seen him in person since last January when he first started as a soloist. He did a great mix of the hymns, new songs and favorites from his days with the Perrys.
- It was good hearing a lot of the new songs live for the first time like "Never No Never," "Welcome Home" and "Begging for Change."
- "Beauty of the Blood" - Before he sang this song, he had the audience sing with him on "Nothing But the Blood," great moment!
- "What a Day That Will Be" - He stated that this was the song he sang when he tried out for the Perrys.
- He ended a set with "Wish I Could Have Been There," which has always been a personal favorite!
- Junior Shelton was still with the group at Silver Dollar City, so it's the same lineup I saw at Memphis Quartet Show a few months ago.
- The bass singer, Chandler Johnson, still really amazes me! Incredible talent for such a young guy!!
- "If You Know the Lord" - They sang the true four-part harmony on this song.
- "Roll on Jordan"
- Randy pulled out his guitar and played "Happy Rhythm." Not only is he pulling vocal duty now and playing the keys, but then he also showed off his guitar skills!
- "How Great Thou Art"
- This was my first time seeing the group live, but I'm hoping to catch them again today. I was familiar with some of their music.
- "Shout" was of course the song most people knew right away. I seriously hear this song on Southern Gospel radio daily. Great song and the audience was on its feet at the end!
- "Tell Somebody"
- "Monday" - Great song about how it's more important on how we live out the Christian life during the week, not just on Sundays.
- "It Was the Word"
- "How Great Thou Art" - This started with a trumpet solo, then the group joined in and invited the choir of 4,000+ people there to join with them. Incredible moment!
Ernie Haase and Signature Sound
- This was one of the moments I was anticipating most of the festival since I had never seen the group live before. I thought I knew what I was in for and I almost did, but their live concert experience is not something soon to be forgotten.
- The energy level of the night was just incredible. These guys don't stop. I never saw them tire out or slow down, they gave it their all every second they were on the stage.
- "Noah Found Grace in the Eyes of the Lord" - Such a fun song live!
- "Get Away Jordan"
- "Ol Man River" and "Never Walk Alone" - Two songs from their new Broadway release. It was fun to hear these two songs for a little variety to the festival.
- "Jesus Changed Everything" - Love this song!!
- "Happy People" - Of course the audience was on its feet for this one, and they had to be when members started throwing frisbees in the air to try to catch!
- "Oh What a Savior" - I definitely expected to hear Ernie sing this one live during the night.
- "Step Into the Water" - Nice tribute to the Cathedrals with this song
- "Boundless Love" - They came back after the audience remained on its feet clapping with this one as an encore! Definitely glad they chose this song!