Here are commentary and highlights from the night -
- The Kingsmen Reunion with Squire Parsons was a highlight of the night. Nick Bruno had the original chart he wrote for "Beulah Land" when the Kingsmen first cut the song. Kingsmen alumni joining them on stage included Arthur Rice, Ernie Phillips, Mark Trammell along with Squire and Nick. It was probably the highlight of the night.
- The young talent was out in full force tonight with the Erwins and the Hayes kids all doing incredible. These kids can sing!
- There were seven groups that took the stage I'd never seen before live. One that you might be surprised about is the Kingdom Heirs. It was good to finally see them in person.
- Recent events in the NFL and national anthem were front and center tonight with several groups singing patriotic songs and having commentary on it.
- We got to hear a lot more new songs tonight from several different groups including the Kingdom Heirs, 11th Hour, the Mylon Hayes Family and the Whisnants.
- Riley Harrison Clark and Lauren Talley were great hosts for the night!
- The power half-hour featuring a lot of new or lesser known groups is a nice addition. I was glad that most people around us at least stuck around to see all these groups. It's a nice way to feature them on main stage.
Favorite Songs of the Night -
- "He's Still Alive" - The Erwins
- "The Last Big Thing" - Kingdom Heirs
- "He Welcomes the Beggar" - 11th Hour
- "Is That the Old Ship of Zion" - Kingsmen Reunion
- "I Choose Christ" - Karen Peck & New River
- "The Lighthouse" - Mark Trammell Quartet
- "Grace Happened Here" - Mylon Hayes Family
- "When the Trumpet Sounds" - Triumphant Quartet
- "All Is Well" - The Whisnants
- "God Calls It Grace" - Kingsmen