Saturday, September 5, 2015

All About Family - Southern Gospel Picnic Silver Dollar City - Sept. 4

It's that part of the festival where things are winding down. There are only three more days left. And yes, I'm starting to get a little tired, but still sad to see it all come to an end for another year.

We started out the morning at the park, took a short break in the early afternoon and then came back. But in all, we managed to see five different groups again today. It was all about family groups today. There's truly nothing like family harmonies and seeing families sing and worship together.

Here are the highlights -


The Lesters


  • It was a nice surprise to see Ginger singing with them this weekend. Matt Felts has been sick with strep throat, so she was filling in. 
  • "Blessed Beyond Measure"
  • "He Is" - This group was the first one I ever heard sing this song. Always a powerful moment of a concert.
  • Southern Gospel Picnic is normally the first time I hear a Christmas song. This year it was the Lesters who first brought Christmas cheer with "Angels We Have Heard on High" a cappella. 
  • "Favorite Song of All"

The Goulds



  • I'm glad I got to see this group again. The Goulds consist of father Tim Gould and his two daughters, Kelsey and Christa. 
  • "No Place to Hide"
  • "He's Alive" - Great song!
  • "He Promised Me" - Fun, uptempo song that reminds us that God won't leave us.

The Dunaways



  • If I could have picked out songs of a Dunaway set that the songs I know best from them, this would have been it! Great song selection!
  • "Church in the Kitchen" - This is one of those songs you can't help but like. 
  • "Didn't I Walk on the Water" - Love this song!
  • "Don't Start Doubting Now" - My absolute favorite!!
  • "I Wanna Feel It Again"

Aaron and Amanda Crabb




  • This couple knows how to worship at a theme park. They really set the tone for the night where we could just have church.
  • "If I'm Guilty" - Love this song!
  • "Hold to God's Unchanging Hand" 
  • "He Looked Beyond My Fault" - Aaron sang this on by himself. Great version of the Dottie Rambo classic.
  • "Please Come Down to Me"

The Bowling Family



  • It was good to hear so many of their new songs on their upcoming release! I cannot wait to hear the full album!! I'm not sure on these titles, but here are my best guesses -
    • "I Was There" - Kelly said this will probably become one of Mike's signature songs, and after hearing it I have to agree! Incredible song!!
    • "One Glorious Moment of Faith" - Hope does such an incredible job on this song. She just owns it. 
    • "Praise God He's Alive"
  • "Don't You Wanna Go" - They pulled Aaron up to join them on this song! It really got the crowd going!
  • "Your Cries Have Awoken the Master" - Always a highlight to hear this song live!!
  • "I've Got My Mind Made Up" - This is an older song, so I'm not sure if it's included on the new project or not. They ended the night on this song with the audience on its feet clapping along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!