Friday, September 4, 2015

Silver Dollar City's Southern Gospel Picnic - Sept. 3

Thursday was a full day at Silver Dollar City. We saw five different groups today, starting and ending with some great quartet music. I also got the chance to see a couple of groups I had never seen before! Here are the day's highlights -

Gold City


  • "Redeemed" - I love this arrangement of the song. 
  • "That Little Baby" - I've always loved this song! It was a fun song that really got the audience clapping along.
  • "Just a Closer Walk With Thee" - Bryan did a fantastic job on his piano solo.
  • "When I Get Carried Away" - Love this classic Gold City song. 
  • "Power of the Cross" - Such a powerful song! I'm sure this is becoming one of the group's most requested songs. They knock it out of the park each time.


Master's Voice



  • This was my first time hearing this group live. They have a really good sound together and sang a lot of the older songs that the audience really loved.
  • "This Same Jesus" - This was my first time hearing this song, but it was definitely one I looked up when I got back.
  • "At Calvary" - Loved the group's jazzed up version of this song.
  • The group asked for requests and got several of the older hymns that they sang, including "It Is Well" and "He Touched Me."

The Whisnants



  • They sang a short a cappella clip of their latest song, "Worry Ends Where Faith Begins." Loved it! They sounded awesome!
  • Ethan and Austin have always been great on stage, but they really impressed me yesterday. These guys are great vocalists. They sang a couple from their latest project "1+2+3" and "I Lean on You Lord." Austin also sang a song that normally Susan sings, "I'm Not Afraid to Trust Him."
  • "All Is Well" - Anything Susan sings this song, it's always a highlight to me!
  • "I'm Trusting the Blood" - They sang this song and then restarted it a cappella. Absolutely beautiful!
  • "I'll Trust the Potter's Hand"

The Goulds
  • This was my first time hearing this group as well. Was really impressed by the young talent in the group!
  • "Love Never Ends" - This was a sweet father/ daughter song that really fit the group well.
  • "There Is a Fountain" - Beautiful song written by Jim Brady.
  • "Jesus Speaking Peace"

Legacy Five



  • "Great Medley" - Love this fantastic medley and arrangement.
  • "Who Is This Man" - Scott set this song by talking about the trip to Israel they are taking later this year. Powerful moment toward the end of the first half.
  • Trey Ivey needs his own bullet point. He played two piano solos and we even got to hear him sing last night. He's incredibly musically talented with the piano, vocally and as an arranger. We really got to hear what all he could do last night.
  • "That's a Hallelujah"
  • "Life Will Be Sweeter Someday" - They sang this just the four guys around the piano. 
  • "Champion of Love"
  • "What a Happy Day (medley)" - Great way to end the concert! Audience was on its feet clapping along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!