It was a rainy, dreary day, but that didn't stop a pretty good crowd of gospel music fans from going out to Silver Dollar City. I managed to make it out to the park mid-afternoon to see both the Nelons and Legacy Five. Kudos to the team at Silver Dollar City who managed to move the night concert inside on short notice!
Here are highlights from the day -
- "Coat of Many Colors"
- "Farther Along" - Jason paid a sweet tribute to his grandfather before the song and dedicated the song to his memory.
- "Then Came the Morning"
- "Bridge over Troubled Water" - So glad I got to hear this one live!
- "Daddy and Son"
- "I'm Going Home With Jesus"
- "He Made a Change"
- "Well Done, My Child" - They did this one with the piano and pulled out a hymnal they found on stage. Scott Fowler said they hadn't done this one before live, but they did a great job!
- Patriotic Set - Of course, it wouldn't be a Legacy Five concert without a few patriotic songs. Josh did a piano medley of all the branches of the armed forces. Matt sang "Arlington," and Scott Howard sang "God Bless the USA."
- "Great Medley"
- "I Stand Redeemed"
- "God's Been Good" - Josh Townsend gave his powerful testimony before singing this song. What a testimony for all God has done in his life! I don't think there were many dry eyes in the house.