Thursday, September 10, 2015

Silver Dollar City Southern Gospel Picnic - Sept. 7

I'm a little late getting up the recap of the last day at Silver Dollar City up. It was back to the real world for me first thing on Tuesday unfortunately. No more days full of gospel music, but actual work! However, the great time we had at Silver Dollar City was definitely worth the pile of work waiting for me when I returned to work!

Silver Dollar City's Southern Gospel Picnic went out on a high note on Monday night. I was able to see five different groups on Monday night including two groups I had never seen live before. I wanted to get in all I could on the last day.

Here are the highlights -

Dixie Melody Boys




  • I really don't think I have ever seen this group live before. I could be wrong, but if I have it was so long ago before I really kept up with all the groups and was as big of a fan as I am today. Anyway, it was good to see the legendary Ed O'Neal in person.
  • "Little Is Much" - Tenor Doug Pittman really impressed on this song!
  • "Family Bible" - Loved hearing Ed sing this song!
  • "Hello Mama"
  • "The Lord Will Make a Way Somehow"

Diplomats


  • I normally just see this group at Southern Gospel Picnic and honestly I forget how good they are. With the live band, they really are a group packed full of talent.
  • "He Gave Me Joy in the Storm"
  • "Rainbow of Love" - Gotta love when the bass and tenor show out!
  • "I'm Winging My Way Back Home" - Since Alex Utech has joined the group, his twin brother is driving the bus. They brought out Andrew to sing in the quartet on this song.
  • "Unclouded Day" - Instrumental
  • "God Walks the Dark Hills" - Rita knocked this one out of the park!

Sunday Drive


  • This was a new group to me. Although, when Jeff Treece was making the group introductions I definitely recognized that name. He played for the McKameys for many years and had The Jeff Treece Band for a few years as well.
  • "Jesus Loves Me, This I Know"
  • "Happy Happy Happy" - Great song. I actually heard this on the radio a few days before I saw them in person. The song caught my attention, and I had to find out who was singing!
  • "I Wouldn't Take Nothing for my Journey Now" - They did a great job on this Happy Goodman Family classic.
  • "American Hero"

The Browders


  • "Lift Up His Name"
  • I love hearing Tommy Browder give his testimony. It's really incredible to hear how the Lord has worked in his life. After his testimony, he sang "I Am So Blessed."
  • "Praise You in This Valley" - Such a powerful song! One of my favorites from this group.
  • "Fall on my Knees" - Matthew sang this one alone, definitely a powerful moment with just Sonya on the keys accompanying him.
  • "Stumbling Blocks to Stepping Stones"
  • "Listening for the Shout" - Great uptempo song to end their set with! 


The Isaacs


  • Anytime the Isaacs sing something a cappella it's going to be a highlight! They seriously amaze me every time with their incredible harmonies. They sang several songs a cappella:
    • "Walk Together Children"
    • "The Lord's Prayer"
    • "I Will Praise Him"
  • "I Know Who Holds Tomorrow" - Becky was featured on this great hymn!
  • "Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive"
  • "Waiting in the Water" - Becky gave a little bit of her testimony before the song.
  • In addition to Becky's testimony, Sonya opened up about her miscarriage last year (She is now expecting again.) Lily also read from her book talking about all that her parents endured being Holocaust survivors. Loved that they opened up and shared their hearts.
  • "Four Men Walkin' Around"
  • "Get On Board"
  • "He Ain't Never Done Me Nothing But Good" - What a great way to end the night and the festival!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!