Friday, August 28, 2015

Silver Dollar City Southern Gospel Picnic - Aug. 28, 2015

Yesterday morning I headed north to Branson, Missouri for Silver Dollar City's Southern Gospel Picnic. It was the second day of the festival, but my first day to attend. 

The lineup for the day included 2nd Generation, the Ball Brothers, the Perrys, Mark Bishop and The Old Paths. It's really almost impossible to see everyone while you're here. And there are some groups you want to see more than once. The park does a great job of scheduling so many different shows each day.

I'm just going to hit the highlights from each group I got to see today -

2nd Generation


  • "What a Day That Will Be"  - Loved hearing Brenda sing this song! Such a sweet moment where they had the audience join in too!
  • "Sheltered in the Arms of God" - Elaine sang this one. Beautiful song!!
  • "Soul Searching" - Good hearing this one from their newest project!!

Ball Brothers


  • "I Shall Know Him" - They started the set with this one a cappella. Amazing!!
  • "Wedding Music" - Jon Epley went to the keyboard for this one. Good hearing them sing this Cathedral classic.
  • "Just As I Am" - Probably my favorite Ball Brothers song!!

The Perrys



  • "I Can Trust Him" - Great getting to see Libbi sing this song live! 
  • "He Will Hide Me" - Always a favorite!
  • "If You Knew Him" 
  • "Damascus Road" 
  • They sang a couple of the older Happy Goodman songs. I like hearing them do some of these older songs.
  • Troy talked about all they had been through in the past couple of years. He also gave part of his testimony and set up "Calvary Conquers It All." Great hearing them stage this one again!!

Mark Bishop



  • "Pray on the Little Days" - Love the message of this song!!
  • "My Name Is Jesus" - I'm used to the version where he has guest singers but it's fun hearing him sing all the different roles.

The Old Paths



  • "I Bowed on my Knees" - I know Michael English is known for this song but Tim's version is right there with his! Amazing!!
  • Daniel Ashmore, bass singer, was featured a lot tonight! It's hard to pick one highlight from what he sang. And as impressive as his bass singing is, his saxophone playing is equally as impressive!!
  • "Until Then" - Doug sang this and then had the audience join in on the chorus. Such a sweet worshipful moment.
  • "If That Isn't Love" - It was good to hear them sing this featuring both Daniel and Chuck Pettyjohn.
  • "Love Them to Jesus" 
  • Doug gave his testimony to set up "Ordinary People." Love hearing him tell his story of how God moved. He also talked about how they are coming off the road and this being their farewell tour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!