Monday, September 30, 2013

Singing News Fan Awards Predictability

The Singing News Fan Awards are this week on Wednesday. It will be streamed online on the Singing News website. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to catch it. The awards are always interesting though. Over the years, some of the categories have become somewhat predictable. I'll be honest I have mixed feelings about this. I think it speaks to the consistency of the genre that the same artists are winners year after year. Fan favorites stay near the top for several years. But on the other hand, I also don't like the predictability. In fact, I'll admit it, one year I deliberately would not vote for anyone who won the year before. I realized I couldn't complain about the lack of change if I were also voting for those some of those same people. But then I realized, they are favorites for a reason, even some were my favorites, and it was dumb to take that approach. It was nothing personal against those who won, but I just wanted a change.

This year the Singing News has changed some of the categories adding more "new" categories that will help with this issue. But I'm curious as to how you feel about the predictability of the awards. What do you think about the awards?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!