Saturday, December 26, 2015

Top Moment #5 of 2015 - Memphis Quartet Show

This summer, I got the chance to attend a few big events. One of them was the Memphis Quartet Show which definitely made the list of my top moments of the year. Even though I only got to be there for one day of the event, it was well worth the trip to Memphis!

I was there for the afternoon matinee to see the 2nd Half Quartet. They had the entire set with just piano and bass singing many classic songs and paying tribute to the Cathedrals.

 Read the full recap of the afternoon here.
That night was full of music by many top groups including 
  • Tribute Quartet
  • Dixie Echoes
  • The Old Paths
  • Archie Watkins and Smoky Mountain Reunion
  • Primitive Quartet
  • Mark Trammell Quartet
Read all about that night here.

It's hard to pick just one standout moment from the day, so here are a few -

  • "Remind Me of Calvary" - I love hearing Mark Trammell sing this song!
  • "I Want to Know" - In the classiest way, Randy Byrd introduced Pat Barker to join the Mark Tramell Quartet for this song on stage. He let Pat sing one of his signature songs, and it was great hearing Pat on this song again!
  • "I Will Rise" - Tribute Quartet featuring Riley Harrison Clark
  • "I Bowed on my Knees and Cried Holy" - The Old Paths featuring Tim Rackley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!