Sunday, September 28, 2014

NQC Day 6 Highlights - National Quartet Convention Recap

The last night of the 2014 National Quartet Convention is over. The first convention in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee is in the books. I missed last night and some sections of the other nights, but overall I think this was one of the strongest nights of the convention.

Sometimes it can be easy to forget the first groups of the night by the end, but tonight was definitely an exception. Some of the strongest sets occurred early on. The night started with the Sneed Family, Gold City and the Whisnants. The Sneed Family continues to impress me more and more, and I love that they sang "Hallelujah Square!" Gold City turned in another strong set tonight with a repeat of "Power of the Cross" and bringing back "There Rose a Lamb." It was also neat to see them take the stage on "I Get Down" by Quarteto Gileade which was a highlighted showcase artist. The Whisnants started their set with "A Greater Yes," my favorite of their songs! I was also glad that they brought up Austin and Ethan to sing "On the Road to Emmaus" with Jeff.

And it was a great night for all quartets in general at the quartet convention. It's hard to single out anyone out but for me Old Paths, Triumphant Quartet and LeFevre Quartet also had really strong sets. I love that Triumphant had part of the choir from First Baptist Sevierville join them on stage for a couple of songs, "Oh Happy Day" and "We Will Remember" (And I think I spotted a few Triumphant family members in the choir!). The LeFevre Quartet was joined by the Booth Brothers on "Jesus Saves" which both groups have recorded.

The finale or bonus had several groups coming back to the stage for one of their most requested songs. The groups were the Mark Trammell Quartet, Collingsworth Family, Booth Brothers, Triumphant, Whisnants, Hoppers and Greater Vision. The night ended with them all on stage for "Bless the Lord," which is the song the Sunday night concert started with, a very fitting ending to a great night! :)

Here are highlighted songs and moments (in no particular order) -

  • "Love of God" - Hoppers
  • "I Bowed on My Knees" - Old Paths
  • "I Rest My Case at the Cross" - Perrys
  • "Arise My Love" - Soul'd Out Quartet
  • "Jesus Saves" - LeFevre Quartet with Booth Brothers
  • "There Rose a Lamb" - Gold City
  • "A Greater Yes" - Whisnants
  • "For All He's Done" - Greater Vision
  • "When the Trumpet Sounds" - Triumphant Quartet
  • "Homecoming Day" - Tribute Quartet



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!