Monday, September 22, 2014

NQC 2014 - Sunday Night Bonus Concert

As promised, here is the first post in my spotty NQC coverage this week. I got to catch some of the webcast before church and part of it after church.

When I tuned it, each group of the night, Greater Vision, Kingdom Heirs, the Hoppers and the Mark Trammell Quartet, sang one of their most well-known songs to start the night.

The Mark Trammell Quartet had the first full set of the night. I actually caught both of their sets. Highlights were "Too Much to Gain to Lose" and "The King Is Coming," which were their closers for each set. Mark did announce that there is a possibility they could be singing as a trio this week. Nick's wife Jessica (Brown) is expecting their second child Charlie any day now.

I was watching the Booth Brothers right before I left for church and as soon as I got back they were on again. I love that they sang "I'm Only Passing Through," one of my favorite newer songs they sing that Jim wrote! They ended with "Then I Met the Master" which was another highlight.

I also caught the Hoppers' second set. Kim started out with a solo "Come Out Praising." I've always been a fan of that song. Melissa Brady is filling in for Connie as she recovers. Love hearing Melissa sing! Dean gave a heartfelt thanks to the people for praying for his mom after her cancer diagnosis and through her recovery. The most touching moment of the night I saw. They sang the Ray Stevens' song "Everything Is Beautiful." I thought that was a cool song to stage, and Dean came out into the crowd and had people sing with them. They ended with "Jerusalem," another highlight.

I was glad to be able to catch the parts of the webcast that I did. My coverage will definitely be off and on this week. I plan to watch most of tonight's broadcast, so tomorrow's post will be more thorough! :)

Overall, I didn't have any issues with the webcast, just a few hiccups a couple of times which is to be expected. I thought it was nicely done.

It will be interesting to see when the full stage is used tonight how the main stage looks. It was different seeing everyone seated on the floor at the same level, but it was hard to really get a good feel for what it will be like with the stage and seating not fully opened.

Be sure to check back for more recaps throughout the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!