Tuesday, September 23, 2014

NQC Night 2 Highlights - National Quartet Convention Recap

Tonight I didn't get to see as much as I had hoped, but I was able to catch about the last hour and a half at least. I'm not sure if the entire night was like this or not but the entire stretch I saw was incredible. Not a weak set or moment!

I tuned in just in time to catch the Crist Family's last appearance at National Quartet Convention. The group announced its retirement earlier this year. Their set ended with a tearful goodbye and a heartfelt "Will You Love Jesus More." Incredible song to end on!

It seems like this is the year several young faces are making their NQC main stage debut. I forgot to mention that Kari Gooch (Karen Peck Gooch's daughter) was with Karen Peck and New River last night singing. Tonight, Autumn Nelon Clark, Valerie Crist and Sharlenae Collingsworth also made their main stage debuts with their families.

It was a night for hymns. We heard "Blessed Assurance" twice. Both times were incredible! The first was during Greater Vision's set when Gerald Wolfe led the 12,000 member congregation in singing. I'm sure the webcast didn't do it justice! Then, Autumn was featured on the hymn during the Nelons set and showed what a great talent she has! The Nelons also sang "How Great Thou Art," which featured Amber. Gold City did a new hymn and an old hymn with "Redeemed" and "Power of the Cross." Then, the Collingsworth family started and ended with hymns "Holy, Holy, Holy" and a piano medley of classic songs and hymns.

It's hard to crown a clear-cut moment of the night. Last night was much easier. The sweet farewell of the Crist Family, the hymn sings and the incredible pianorama ending with Kim Collingsworth, Tim Parton. It looked like from the schedule that the Nelons were set to go on last. I'm not sure if I missed an announcement or something, but I'm guessing they switched the two families because of the grand piano ending.

Here are highlighted songs/moments for me in no particular order -

  • "Will You Love Jesus More" - Crist Family
  • "Blessed Assurance" - congregation
  • "Looking for the Grace" - Greater Vision
  • "Power of the Cross" - Gold City
  • "Look for Me at Jesus' Feet" - Booth Brothers
  • The entire Nelons set - Really from start to finish it was incredible!
  • "Holy, Holy, Holy" - Collingsworth Family
  • Pianorama Medley with Kim Collingsworth, Tim Parton and Stan Whitmire

Thoughts? What stood out to you tonight? What did I miss?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!