Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Going Downtown With the Nelons - Concert Recap

Friday night was the only night I missed watching any of NQC, because I got to see the Nelons live. The group was at Searcy's Get Down Downtown local festival. The outdoor concert was the main event Friday night. It was interesting to see the group in this setting as opposed to the usual church concert.

The Nelons
Also, Kelly was not able to be there due to family obligations. Her aunt passed away just days ago, and she needed to be there with her in her last days.

It had been more than a year since I had seen the Nelons. Autumn was just making a few appearances on stage. I know she's had more of a role recently, but since Kelly was not there, she sang her part through the concert. Autumn is an incredible vocalist. I was so impressed with her!

Here's a list of what they sang -

  • "Life Is Like a Mountain Railway"
  • "I Don't Want to Get Adjusted" - It was great to hear Jason on this classic song!
  • "Down to the River" - Always love hearing them sing this a cappella!
  • "Yes I Know"
  • "Come to the River"
  • "Difference Is In Me"
  • "Grandpa Tell Me About the Good Ole Days" - This was Autumn's first solo feature of the night. Loved hearing her sing this!
  • "Hallelujah Chorus" - I wasn't sure if they would have the a cappella songs that Amber, Jason and Kelly normally sing just the three of them, but Autumn did a great job filling in for her mom! Their a cappella songs always amaze me!
  • "Excuse Me Are You Jesus?" - Another favorite to hear Jason sing!
  • "More Than Wonderful" - Amber is such an incredible vocalist, and this song shows just what a great talent she has!
  • "Going Home With Jesus" - A fun song to end the first half on!
  • "Falling" - This is from Amber's solo project. I love this song, and I was so glad they staged it! It was great hearing her sing it live.
  • "I'm Going to Die on the Battlefield"
  • "Blessed Assurance" - I got to hear Autumn sing this on the NQC webcast, and it was one of the highlights of the night. And it was great hearing it again!
  • "Heaven's Jubilee"
  • "Let Freedom Ring" - I had never heard them sing this before! Great patriotic number that featured Amber and Jason!
  • "Going Home With Jesus" - They did a short reprise of the song to end the concert!
It was an incredible night with the Nelons! Kelly was definitely missed, but Autumn, Jason and Amber did a great job of carrying on! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!