Monday, November 23, 2015

Walk of Faith - The Whisnants - CD Review

The Whisnants released Walk of Faith this summer. The group is one of the most consistent groups in gospel music, not only with its personnel but also with its sound. Walk of Faith brings you the same sound and exceptional songs that you have come to expect from the Whisnants over the years.

Walk of Faith has 12 original songs. The album was produced and arranged by Legacy Five's Trey Ivey. Cliff Duren orchestrated the album. For several songs, the group is backed by a choir and orchestra.

"Worry Ends Where Faith Begins" is definitely my favorite from this project! Susan does such an incredible job on this song. I can see it being one that she adds to her repertoire of signature songs. The song suites her so well. The message of this song is just so relevant. I've heard Susan tell the story of her mom giving her the advice not to pray if you worry and if you pray, you shouldn't worry. So many times we pray but pick up what we were supposed to leave in God's hands. God's in control no matter what, we just have to trust Him.

Another song that really stood out to me was "Go Out Singing." I love this uptempo song that features Aaron, it was definitely a song I kept hitting repeat on! "Joy is the House" is another great uptempo song that features each group member. Great choice as the opening song on the project!

I love the play on words with "A Grave Mistake," I think it's a great hook. Logan Peck (son of Rebecca Peck) wrote the song which features Jeff. This is a standout song for him! I also really like Jeff's feature on "I'm Holding on to Grace." It's a slower song that reminds us of the beauty of the grace of God.

Aaron is featured on "Do You Know the Savior?," which is a slower ballad. I love the lyrics of this song that remind us that we have a personal Savior and God. The arrangement of the song really allows for Aaron's voice to shine.

Susan Whisnant is known for being able to communicate through ballads and those tender slow songs. "Worry Ends Where Faith Begins" is my favorite from this CD, but she also does an incredible job on "I Love You This Much" and "Saved Is All You Have To Be."

Sometimes it's the simple messages that can be the most poignant. I think this is the case with "My God Is So Good To Me." This is a great true Southern Gospel sounding song that features Jeff. The song is a great reminder to us as Christians of just how good God is to us!

The title track was another one I found myself hitting repeat on! It's a fun, fast tempo song that I can see really being great live! I love how "Walk of Faith" really is the overarching message of this project. All the songs really fit this theme so well.

Walk of Faith is a must buy for gospel music fans. You'll find the styles and voices you've come to love from the Whisnants. All the songs really do an incredible job of ministering to believers as we travel on this "walk of faith."


Song List -
1. "Joy in the House"
2. "Worry Ends Where Faith Begins"
3. "I'm Holding onto Grace"
4. "Go Out Singing"
5. "I Love You This Much"
6. "My God Is So Good to Me"
7. "Do You Know the Savior?"
8. "A Grave Mistake"
9. "There Is a Fountain"
10. "Walk of Faith"
11. "Saved Is All You Have to Be"
12. "Healing Stream"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!