Monday, November 30, 2015

Legacy Five Concert Recap

Two weeks ago, I got the chance to see Legacy Five when they made a rare appearance in Arkansas. The group was at Bethany Missionary Baptist Church in White Hall, Arkansas. It was also a chance to see and hear new tenor singer Josh Feemster with the quartet.

Josh had been with the group only two weeks at that point. I think this was a great addition to the group. He's doing a fantastic job with Legacy Five so far! He was featured on "I Stand Redeemed." This song ended the first part of the service, and it was one of the highlights of the night! Check out the clip below!
Legacy Five - Trey Ivey, Josh Feemster, Scott Fowler, Scott Howard
and Matt Fouch

It was good to hear them sing a few Cathedrals songs like "Bloodwashed Band." Scott also pulled out the redback hymnal for the group to sing a few hymns. They sang "It's a Grand and Glorious Feeling" and "Life Will Be Sweeter Someday." I love Matt Fouch's step out lines on "It's a Grand and Glorious Feeling."

Legacy Five also sang a few from their most recent project Great Day including the title track. They also sang "That's a Hallelujah" which is one of my favorites!

Trey was featured not only during the hymn portion of the evening, but also on "Goodbye World Goodbye." When Scott introduced Trey, he talked about how he would come home after church on Sundays as a child and sit down at the piano and play the songs they had sung that day. His parents definitely recognized what a gift he had at an early age, and I have to say he's one of the best in the business today!

They of course sang several Legacy Five standards. Matt was featured on "I've Been Changed" during the first part of the night. They also sang "I Found Grace" during the second half, always a favorite to hear them sing. They ended the night with "Holy Is Thy Name." I love this song! Great moment to end the concert on!

Legacy Five is a group I don't get to see that often, so it's always a treat when I get to see them some place other than Silver Dollar City at the Gospel Picnic. It was good to see this new lineup of the group. Scott Fowler and Scott Howard are definitely the anchors of the group and have made outstanding choices in who rounds the group out. I got the chance to see Matthew Fouch on his first night with the group several years ago and was impressed by how well he blended with them already. I have to say the same for Josh. Be sure to check out Legacy Five when they come to your area!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!