Wednesday, November 4, 2015

The Williamsons - Tell Somebody - CD Review

I love learning about new and upcoming artists and getting the chance to hear different groups live for the first time. For the past several years, the Southern Gospel Picnic at Silver Dollar City has allowed me the chance to see new groups or just to hear artists live for the first time that I hadn't listened to before. It's how I've discovered a lot of great groups - The Taylors, The Old Paths, 2nd Generation, the Dunaways and the Hoskins Family, to mention a few. This year one of my top new discoveries was the Williamsons.

I picked up their project Tell Somebody which I realize was released in 2014, but it's worth mentioning! If you haven't heard of this group before, check them out! The group consists of Donnie and Lisa Williamson, Karl Rice and Darin Hebert.

You might recognize several songs from this project including "Shout," the #1 song for December according to Singing News. It's a great song that has had a lot of radio airplay. It's a song that really features the entire group. It's a song that seemed to get a lot of response in concert in Branson because so many people were familiar with the song. It's a great mid-tempo song!

"Monday" is a beautiful ballad featuring Lisa that is from the perspective of a child. The song talks about how important it is for Christian parents to be the example to their kids throughout the week not just on Sunday. Lisa does an incredible job on this song! She proves that she can turn in an emotional ballad performance and a soulful performance with "I've Got to Tell Somebody." To me, it sounds like something the Talleys might have recorded.

The first single from this project was "It Was the Word." This is a great uptempo song that is great in a live setting. The song is very traditional Southern Gospel sounding. It's one of several songs that Lisa wrote on the song.

"He Lived to Tell It" has more of a modern country sound. The song features bass singer Darin Hebert. It's another highlight from this project for me!

Karl is featured on the ballad "All Our Hope," which is another song not to miss. He turns in a powerful performance on this song. I love the message of this song. It's so easy to forget that our hope is in Christ, what an incredible promise that is!

I know I'm a little late on discovering this project and this group, but if you haven't already checked it out, don't miss out on it like I did for a while!

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!