Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Life lately ...

I feel like I've been a bad blogger lately. I don't plan to stop blogging any time soon, but sometimes life gets in the way of doing the fun things you want to do. It's been one of those seasons.

I started a new job in November and things are continually picking up there. I've learned so much over the past few months and have been gradually entrusted with more and more. It was a great move for me personally and professionally. In addition, I'm teaching a night class at a university in communications this year. Those college students have kept me on my toes. I never would have thought I would catch myself saying/thinking things like "Why do they all look like babies?" and "Why don't college students just read their assignments?"

Free time has been a cherished thing and so blogging time has been cut down. That's my excuse, and I'm sorry. I promise to do better. Life will slow down and mellow out, just wanted to give you all a quick update.

It's been a good reminder lately that in the midst of craziness and busy schedules that sometimes it's good to be still. Stillness is something that we often take for granted. We don't appreciate those quiet moments until we don't have them anymore. So I leave you with this song from Tribute Quartet as a reminder to just be still and know that God is in control. When things are crazy, you feel run ragged and there's always one more thing to do before going to bed, just be still. It's been a great reminder to me lately.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!