Monday, May 5, 2014

Sheri and Morgan Easter - Spotlight on Mothers and Daughters

With Mother's Day coming up, I wanted to do something special this week to highlight a few mothers in the industry. Being the daughter of an incredible mother myself, I know how special the relationship can be between a mother and a daughter. With the many family groups in the industry, there are a number of mothers and daughters who sing together. This week, I'll be sharing interviews with a few of those. We're starting the week with...

Sheri and Morgan Easter


From Morgan - 

Question: When have you been most proud of your mother?
Morgan: The most proud I've ever been was seeing her go through cancer. She was so strong and I was extremely proud to be able to call her my mom.

Q: What TV mom does your mother most resemble?
Morgan: I'd have to say Amy on Boy Meets World. She always knows what to say and reprimands when she needs to, but overall she supports us and it balances nicely.

Q: What's one phrase that your mother always said to you as a child?
Morgan: "What time I am afraid I will trust in thee." Psalms 56:3

Q: What five words best describe your mother?
Morgan: 1. Strong 2. Determined 3. Perfectionist 4. Intelligent 5. Loving

Q: What’s the most important lesson your mother has taught you on stage or off?
Morgan: Smile! Regardless of the circumstances, just always smile!

From Sheri - 

Q: When have you been most proud of Morgan?
Sheri: Morgan is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. That makes me proud all day, every day.

Q: If she hadn't chosen singing, what career would you have encouraged Morgan to choose?
Sheri: I've promised myself not to make or lead my children's choices, because God's will for their lives might be very different from mine. I do, however, remind them to seek God for direction and to trust that He has a perfect plan for them that is uniquely their own. Morgan is a very kind hearted person and her heart will help her accomplish anything she wants.

Q: Does she help you pick out stage clothes or do you help her?
Sheri: I tried at first because she really didn't know what to wear. I've always wanted my kids to dress their age, but with modesty. After a couple years, she started finding her own style and I think she does a great job.

Q: What’s one quality that Morgan has that you wish you exhibited more?
Sheri: She's very funny! All my kids got their Daddy's sense of humor and are very quick witted! Sometimes Morgan will say one sentence on stage and everyone laughs. I love someone who loves to make others laugh!

Q: What’s one thing you learned from your mother that you wanted to be sure and pass on to your daughter?
Sheri: Mama's smile, her class and her nurturing spirit...Morgan has all three!


Thank you so much Sheri and Morgan! Check back for more Q&As with mothers and daughters this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!