Monday, July 22, 2013

Southern Gospel Events

In about a month is an event I look forward to every year! Since its inception, I haven't missed a year of it. I'm talking about the Southern Gospel Picnic at Silver Dollar City. While I haven't missed a year, last year was the first year I got to attend the entire festival. Previous years I was only able to attend a couple of days or nights, sometimes longer, but last year I didn't miss a day! I'm hoping this year will be a repeat of last year and attend the whole festival, that's my plan, anyway!

It's the one time of year I get to see many favorite artists all within a span of 12 days jam-packed full of gospel music. It's the event that sparked my love of gospel music and helped me hear so many of my favorite artists for the first time.

I recognize that the National Quartet Convention is the "granddaddy" of Southern Gospel music events, so I'm leaving them out to be fair to to the other events. I feel like it would be a runaway if they were included. But I'm sure we all have our other favorite major events during the year. Events that last for more the span of a long weekend. So if you only had to pick one of the other major annual Southern Gospel events to attend, what would it be? What's your favorite?

Would love to read comments below about your favorites and would be interested to hear from artists about what events they look forward to each year! And if I've left one out, let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!