Monday, May 6, 2013

Names You Might Not Know Yet - Lindsay Huggins


Here is the third installment in Names You Might Not Know Yet. This week focuses on soloist Lindsay Huggins. Get to know Lindsay a little more!

Question: When did you become interested in singing Southern Gospel music? What are some of your earliest memories of Southern Gospel?

Lindsay Huggins: When I was a little girl, my daddy played guitar with Southern Gospel group Marcia Henry & Latter Rain. (Marcia is a prolific songwriter with many credits to her name.) I thought it was so cool to be "with the band," especially if I got to ride the bus or go backstage. Haha. :) Those are my earliest memories of Southern Gospel.


Q: How did you get started singing and how long have you been singing?

Lindsay: I started singing in church just as soon as soon I was old enough. My first memory of singing is from a church talent competition at age five. I won!! :)


QTell a little bit about your family and where you are from.

Lindsay: I grew up in Sandersville, Ga., a small town in the central part of the state. My mom always sang in church. My father is an awesomely talented musician who is self-taught and can play just about any instrument he picks up. He started traveling with a Southern Gospel group at about the age of twelve playing bass guitar. My grandfather sang in the group. Daddy can sing, too...but you'll probably never hear him. I have a younger sister who sings as well, and has a beautiful soprano voice.


Q: Do you have a favorite song that you sing? And what song from another group has ministered to you?

Lindsay: My favorite song to sing is "God Whispers." It's a great reminder of how God uses everyday situations to speak to us. So many songs from others have ministered to me. I don't know that I can pick just one!!


Q: What artists have been your biggest influence (musically and/or personally)?
Musically, I love Kim Hopper, TaRanda Greene, Lauren Talley, Sonya Isaacs Yeary....how much space do I get? :) Personally, Allison Speer and Ann Downing have both been a big encouragement in my ministry, and I love their music, too!


Q: What has been your favorite memory so far in your ministry? Do you have a certain concert or moment that stands out?

Winning the NQC Talent Contest and singing on the main stage was a huge honor! I just finished my first music video. That was a little surreal! You can watch it here or below.


Q: What new things are coming up for you?

I will be part of a women's cruise called the Girlville Getaway in January! You can learn more at www.girlvillegetawaycruise.com. God is continuing to open doors for ministry and you can keep up with my schedule at www.lindsayhuggins.com.




Thanks again Lindsay for being willing to answer all my questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!