Saturday, January 26, 2013

Update on Tracy Stuffle (The Perrys) - Stroke

Tracy and Libbi Stuffle - Stroke
I decided to start a new page for updates on Tracy Stuffle of the Perrys, since the first one was getting so long. He suffered a stroke on Monday night, Jan. 21, and is still in the hospital in serious condition. Please keep praying for a miraculous healing from God for Tracy and for Libbi, Jared and the Perrys.

Update on Tracy Stuffle from Libbi at 11:30 p.m. on Feb. 9:

Tracy's had a lot of movement w/ his left side & slight movement on right side. Trying to talk, can't because of trach. Opened eyes twice.


Update on Tracy Stuffle from Libbi at 8:50 a.m. on Feb. 9:

WELL GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tracy just opened his eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Prettiest sight I've ever seen!!!!!!!!!! Thank You sweet Jesus for another miracle!!!!!! GO GOD GO!!!!!!!! About to have a shoutin fit right here in this ICU room!!!!!!!!



Update on Tracy Stuffle from Libbi at 8:55 a.m. on Feb. 8:

Just saw the lady neuro dr and she's excited that she seen movement this morning from Tracy squeezing her hand on command, moving his arm. Moving his left leg and wait for it.......his right leg! It's a little weaker but it moved! She said he is working really hard on opening his eyes! Her words were, KEEP PRAYING!!!! And she was smiling from ear to ear!! I said oh, we are still praying and not giving up!!!

When I was straightening his fingers out on right hand just now, he moved that hand! So, GO GOD GO!!!!!!!!!

Blood pressure is still being controlled with med and hoping at some point to be able to take him off, but it's still too high for that right now! Preliminary blood cultures came back no growth in any of the cultures that were taken including the brain!!!! GO GOD GO!!!!!



Update from Joseph at 2 a.m. on Feb. 8:

Quick Tracy update: I talked with Libbi briefly tonight. Tracy has had a tough time with his blood pressure fluctuating today, so if you would pray for that in particular, I'm sure she would appreciate it. Outside of that, things are about the same and he seems to still be coming off of the sedation medication. Thank you all, AGAIN, for all your prayers. Keep em coming!



Update from Libbi at 3:50 p.m. on Feb. 7:

Tracy's blood pressure is still running high. Has been running a temp again after being down for almost 24 hrs. 3 steps forward, 1 step back. But, this too shall pass! In the Precious Name of Jesus!!


Update from Libbi at 1:30 a.m. on Feb. 7:

Wow, I am so wound up I don't know where to begin! Tracy was taken totally off all sedation meds Weds about lunch. I have stayed in his room just about all day to see if he would show signs of waking up. I started noticing some movement under his eyelids. Then he started yawning. I would sing to him and he would scrunch his forehead up and would move his mouth for a bit. I went to clean up at motel this evening and came back and started putting up his 91 cards he got today. After my sister Debra and I finished hanging the cards we started talking to him. I lifted his eyelid and he looked over to where I was. Then, I ask him to hold my hand or squeeze it. He squeezed it pretty good. He also moved his left foot and leg on command! I am sitting here by his bed watching his hand move!!! I will take this miracle!!!

Thank You Sweet Jesus!!!!!! All praise, glory and honor belongs to Him!!!!!

I will take these small miracles any day!! Even tho small they will add up!

Need to try to sleep, but I'm afraid I will miss something!! Will update later?

Lib


Update from Libbi at 9 a.m. on Feb. 6:

Tracy is doing good this morning other than having a little issue with his blood pressure wanting to go up. They have taken him down a little more on his sedation this morning. Temp has been down to 99 all night. PTL!!! The trach he has is gonna have to be replaced due to a leak in it. He's getting the oxygen he needs, but it's making awful sound.

Nurses and Drs are amazed at the cards he has received! Even more amazed when I tell them I couldn't get them all up!
The love that has been shown to my family during this time has been incredible!!! My heart along with my family is grateful and thankful!!!!! Please know this!!!!!!!! This is day 16 and God is Good!!!

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)

Thinking on God's mercy, grace and love today!!! He's the lifter of my head!!!!!

Lib


Update from Libbi at 12 a.m. on Feb. 6:

Doctors have begun to wean Tracy off sedation. Today was the first day and vitals stayed within normal range all day. When I returned from motel cleaning up tonight his blood pressure was a little elevated. Don't know if they will turn back sedation again tomorrow or not. Guess it will depend on vitals in the morning. I will update in the morning.

Thank you to my brother Randy and sister in love Mary Brown Perry for being here this past week! Gonna sleep now! Please join me in praying for a new day of miracles!!!!

Lib


Update from Libbi at 10:37 a.m. on Feb. 5:

The neuro team gave a thumbs up for the sedation to be decreased gradually. As of an hour ago the first turn back began! They will watch all his vitals and cranial pressure to make for sure nothing gets out of whack.

Will update again tonight.

Lib


Update from Libbi at 11:20 p.m. on Feb. 4:

Today was another good day. Rather quiet, but good. Tracy had another CT scan today and I will know the results in the morning. If everything looks good and his cranial pressure looks good, they will gradually bring him out of coma. I am trusting God for a miracle! That Tracy's mental and physical capacities will return 100%! Please pray and believe this with me!

The wound care team came in today and treated spots with skin breakdown and spots of severe yeast infection. Hoping all this clears up by the time Tracy wakes up totally! This stuff looks painful, I can only imagine how it feels!! :(

The group will have the new "Team Tracy" t-shirts with them on the road this weekend!! I posted pic of the shirt on FB and have had an overwhelming response of people wanting to order them. If you would like to order, send money to:

Team Tracy
1774 Shagbark Way
Gallatin, TN - 37066.

Cost of shirts are
$15 ea. S,M,L,XL,XXL
$17 ea. 3X, 4X, 5X & 6X
No kids available.

Include $3 shipping & handling for up to 2 shirts. Each additional shirt add $1. All monies will go to help pay hospital and medical expenses. There is a photo on the the front of shirt, with green ribbon "Pray For Tracy" on back of shirt.

Thank you all for all your prayers!!! I just can't say that enough!!!!!!

Looking for tomorrow to be a New Day, New Mercies and New Miracles!! In Jesus' Name, amen!!!

Love you all!
Lib


Update from Libbi at 1:26 a.m. on Feb. 4:

Today has been a pretty quiet day. Praise The Lord!! We've just took the past couple of days to let Tracy rest without any visitors. I even stayed in waiting room most of time, except in the morning hours. Everything has pretty well been stable all day. His temp has these crazy spells of going up, but most time will come down with Tylenol. Drainage from his brain is beginning to be more clear, which is a good thing! As soon as his cranial pressure drops some more they will start slowly trying to wake him up some. Praying that comes this week! I sure do miss looking into his eyes!!

I spent time tonight trying to get out Thank you cards to those who have sent love gifts. I am really trying to remember everyone!!! If you have sent or given us a love gift and don't receive a thank you card, please don't be offended, I can't remember all names. So, let me say here, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!!

Also, thank you LaDonna Ann Busler for all the great food you brought yesterday!!! Loved everything, but really enjoyed the chocolate covered strawberries!!! We love u!!!

For those worried about me getting rest, I am!! ;0) I've learned to sleep during day when he's doing good. So, I am doing better!

Speaking of sleep!!! Thank You God for a great day of life. Thank You for giving Tracy another good day! Thank You for this valley, for it's in the valley You restore my soul! I love You Sweet Jesus!


Update from Libbi at 8:50 a.m. on Feb. 2:

A new obstacle this morning! I have to leave Tracy's ICU room from 6 to 8 am & pm. I came back in Tracy's room at 8 am. Nurses were bathing him. The nurse tells me that Tracy is having some skin break down, mainly on his right side. She then shows me and I am shocked. Mainly under his arm and on his hip on right side. Then another place under his arm on left side. We do NOT need this in the Name of Jesus, God's Son be gone!!!!

Haven't seen the doctor yet to see what the plan of attack is. Blood pressure started elevating about 5am, which seems to be a pattern. Giving him Meds for that. Temp is still rocking between 99.8 to 101.8. Can I just say I am holding on to faith, but my brain and mind are worn out!!! Praying today will bring new mercies and new miracles, in the name of Jesus Christ, God's son!!


Update from Libbi at 7:10 p.m. on Feb. 1:

What a day! Been a day of mixed emotions. We knew Tracy was gonna have to have the trach inserted so they could remove the breathing tube through the mouth. Early afternoon I was told that the drainage cath. going into his brain was stopped up and wasn't draining. I had to sign the papers to ok for the Neuro Surgeon to replace the old drainage cath with a new one. With that, you have the risk of a new bleed, infection and other severe things. We prayed and then Randy (my brother) and I had prayer with the surgeon. Yes, the surgeon is a Christian and welcomed the prayer. Tracy's neuro surgeon is Dr. Arthur Ulm. God has undoubtable placed him in our pathway for this appointed time!!!!! The surgery was a success!!! The minute the new drain was in place it started draining!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!! The cranial pressure in the brain started dropping, which is what we needed to happen!

Shortly after the replacement of the drainage cath, Dr. Wilcox removed breathing tube from mouth and put a trach in. Everything with that procedure went good.

Earlier in the day they put a Peg feeding tube into Tracy's stomach. So needless to say, it's been a very busy and stressful day, but God is so good and we praise Him for His grace and mercies !!! Tracy has had one of the sweetest, Godly nurses the past three days!! Her name is Ms Kay! She has rejoiced with us and cried with us. Today after the drainage tube was in place and working properly sweet Ms Kay raised her hands toward heaven with tears in her eyes and said ohhh, Thank You Jesus!!!!! It was truly a moment!!!!! Now, they will let Tracy rest over the weekend and next week if all goes well, will start slowly weaning him off the sedation to wake him up. This will be a very slow process, as to not raise the blood pressure.

We request that he has no visitors this weekend except immediate family members only so his body and brain can rest and heal.

Thank you to everyone who has prayed for my Sweet T!!! I will never, ever be able to thank you enough for standing with me and my family during this journey that God has chosen for us to travel. I wish I could take my heart out and show you my gratitude for everything that has been done for the past week and a half!!! Please DON'T stop praying!!!!!

I love you all!!!
Lib


Update on drainage cath from Debra (Libbi's sister):

Cath replacement for Tracy was a success!!! Now that's my GOD!!!!!!! Randy said you should have seen the pressure dropping when they inserted the new cath!! Libbi and one of the nurses, who has came out and heard them sing, about had a shouting spell right there in that room!!! There's shouting on the hills of glory cause the Lord just gave the devil a black eye!!


Update from Libbi at 2:30 p.m. on Feb. 1:

Urgent Prayer: Tracy's drainage cath in the brain is not putting out like it should be, so they are wanting to remove drain and replace with new one. Thinking the one that is in is stopped up. With this procedure we risk another bleed as it did with the present drainage cath. They will be doing this in the next few minutes. Please pray!!!!!!!


Update from Libbi at 2:15 a.m. on Feb. 1:

The past couple of days and nights have been really good days for Tracy. Praise The Lord!!!!! He seems to be resting really well. He's off all medication except for IV fluids and sedation medicine. His vitals seem to be staying stable.

His results from lung culture showed no signs of MRSA!!! Another Praise The Lord!!!! All he has is staph pneumonia in lungs. Please pray that will completely heal! Also, the preliminary results of infection in brain came back negative!! The final report should be back in about 4 days. Triple Praise The Lord!!! 

Here's where I need you to help me prayer! Today 2/1/13 at 3 p.m. CST, Tracy's air tube in his mouth will be removed and a temporary trach will replace it. Please pray:
1: The doctor (Dr. Wilcox) will trace God's hands during this surgery to place the trach in without any complications.
2: He will tolerate the surgery which will be done bedside in the ICU room.
3. Pray there will be NO complications afterwards!

Thanks again to everyone who have brought hot meals, care baskets, gift cards, motel rooms and love gifts! I have been so overwhelmed and grateful for your out pouring of love toward Tracy Stuffle! I have always been a giver and times like this is hard for me, because someone else is being the giver and we are the receivers. Thank you all for loving us!!!

For those wanting to send cards to Tracy, please send to:
Tracy Stuffle / 1774 Shagbark Way / Gallatin, TN / 37066

Gotta get some sleep now!! Don't forget the special prayer request above!!

Love ya!!!
Lib


Update from Libbi at 7:23 p.m. on Jan. 30:

I want to first apologize for not updating sooner. I had all intentions to do it this afternoon and I fell asleep in the waiting room and slept for 2 hours!!!

The CT scan showed no new bleeds and the brain shows signs of healing! Whoop, whoop!!! Praise The Lord. The blood that is coming thru the drainage cath has turned dark red which is a sign of old blood. So it's on it's way to clearing up. Praise The Lord!!!

They will be inserting a temporary trach so they can remove air vent from the mouth. When this is done, they will be able to start waking him up gradually. At this point we will be able to see how he responds.

Lungs: the culture from the lungs came back and it showed there's staph/pneumonia. We will know tomorrow if its MRSA. He's been on 2 different antibiotics, so we will be a little ahead of the game.

Temp is staying around 100 to 101. Blood pressure has been stable all day!!! Praise The Lord again!!!!

Please, stop right now and just Praise God and give Him all the glory for this HE has done!!! I am closer to getting to see those beautiful green eyes that I fell in love with over 25 yrs ago!!!!!!!

Update from Randy Perry, Libbi's brother on Jan. 30:

CT scan NO new bleeds!!! Brain showing signs of beginning to heal!! Thank God for all of you Prayer Warriors that have been lifting up Tracy Stuffle! Long way to go but a Victory worth shouting about today!!! So please help us fight on!!


Update from Libbi at 7:34 a.m. on Jan. 29:

Tracy had a pretty good night last night. Temp stayed between 99 & 100. Blood pressure stayed stable. Looking for new miracles today!! No matter the size we will take them!! 

Thank you to Matt Hagee, Aaron & Amanda Crabb, Jeff LaBorg for coming and praying over Sweet T!!! Means more than you will know!! Thank you to Candy Christmas, Linda DeVault, Alisa Grubb, Norman Holland, Carolyn Minick, and Jamie & Kristi Jamie Bramlett , Mike Gibson for food, snacks and drinks!! You'll never know how much we appreciate it!!! 

 Also, thank you to everyone who has paid for nights at the motel near the hospital where I go to every evening between 6-8 pm to clean up!! This such a blessing, because that's the only time I leave the hospital. Thanks a million times a million!!!! 

I will try to do another update sometime today. I have been so sleepy at night, I haven't done any updates at night in the past couple nights. I will to get better. 

Thank You Sweet Jesus for a New Day, New Mercies and New Miracles!!!!!


Update from Libbi at 8:45 a.m. on Jan. 28:

Tracy had a good night and half day yesterday. Yesterday afternoon temp started creeping back up. Then the blood pressure started elevating. As of right now nothing has changed. Temp is still 100.1. They have ice packs and fan on him. Looks as tho he may have start of pneumonia. It's a roller coaster ride, but with this type of brain injury and trauma, this stuff goes with the territory. Dr said yesterday, it's just gonna take time. I am taking just one day at a time. I am looking for the smallest of miracles and blessings in the day! 

I will report that 4 people have been saved as result of all of this!!! Praise The Lord!!!!!! So, how do you like that devil???? We never know why God allows things to happen! I know I have been able to shine a light to his nurses and doctors by simply talking about God, miracles and prayer!! Some like it, others look weird at you! I am weird!!! I am in this world, but not of this world!! I am more determined to share God's love and promises. I am more determined to try to get more people to Christ!!! Some one commented about a post I made on John 3:16 and being saved. They said it was more than just asking, believing and confessing. Maybe so, but salvation and being saved is not complicated. Sometimes I think we make it seem complicated and it turns the lost people away. This is just my opinion! Not giving up! Still fighting! Who's fighting with me?



Update from Libbi at 6:23 a.m. on Jan. 27:

Yesterday was a rough day for Tracy. Last night his blood pressure and temp started rising. From 6 to 8 am & pm we have to leave ICU. I take the evening time to go to motel to shower and get refreshed. I admit I was a little down, well truth is a lot down! Before we left the motel to come back to hospital, my family gathered around me and prayed. When finished, I sat there for a few minutes gathering myself off the floor. When I stood up I said let's go fight! All the way to the hospital something was rising up inside me! Walked into Tracy's ICU room and all his vital signs were good. TaRanda Greene has been a great support to me the past couple days. We were texting and somewhere out of the blue it hit me like lightning!! The devil has got to turn loose of Tracy's body and turn loose from trying to defeat us in our minds! I put my foot down and declared war on the devil! We are warriors!! We have the greatest ammo on earth and it's called prayer! I texted all of my family that "war was declared on satan!" I told them to suit up and let's fight! I got permission from Tracy's nurse to have all my family members who were at the hospital to come into his room and have a old fashion "come to Jesus prayer meeting!" I told them what things we were gonna pray about and told them if anyone in that room had any doubts to leave the room. No one left! I can't tell you everything that happened, but God was in the room!! We prayed and sang!! That's been almost 11 hours ago, all of Tracy's vitals have been sitting on normal!!! Most of these without any help medically! I read healing scriptures over him and prayed over every area of his body!!! No, it's not about what did, but it's about what God did!! I am expecting a great miracle to take place!!! This is war!! Put on the whole Armour of God, and let's send the devil packing back to hell where he came from!!!!! And in the mean time I want to kick his teeth clear out of his body and bruise his ole lying, no truth in him's head!!!!!!!! If you don't believe or agree with this, step away! 
Lib


Update from Joseph on Facebook at 11 p.m. on Jan. 26:

Tracy had another rough day today. Blood pressure spiked & his fever got up to around 102° at one point, BUT Libbi got around his bed, started praying and he seems to be doing much better tonight. His fever is back down and his blood pressure is also (with meds). Also, his blood work came back and there is no infection in his blood so they think it could be in his chest. Thank you all so much for praying! Please continue to do so. We love you all very much!


Update as of 5:53 p.m. on Jan. 26:

Tracy's blood pressure is spiking and his temp is 102. They have ice packs around him and cooling blanket on him. Blood cultures preliminary came back that there was no infection in the blood. Doctor seems to think it's coming from lungs.


Update as of 6:35 a.m. on Jan 26:

Tracy did good through the night. Was off the blood pressure medicine all night! And his blood pressure stayed in area of 117 / 64. They turned it back on just now because it went up while they were changing his sheets and bathing him. Temp is 101. Praise God, Praise God, Thank You Jesus!!!

Waiting on blood culture results to come back on infection. Chest X-ray showed chest congestion & fluid. Gave him lasiks to remove fluid. They have him almost fully sedated in order to let his body and brain rest from yesterday morning being so bad.

And I was able to sleep 4 hrs!!! Plan on slipping in some cat naps through out the day!!!

Thank you to TaRanda Greene for being there for me yesterday!!

Please know I cherish every prayer you pray for us!!!!!!!!!! Will update again later on.

Love y'all! Lib


See previous updates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!