Thursday, January 3, 2013

Changes for LeFevre Quartet and Gold City

The new year is bringing about a couple of changes for two popular quartets.

Randy Byrd is joining the LeFevre Quartet as its bass singer. Randy was most recently with the Anchorman where he followed Paul Harkey and is interestingly enough doing that again with this position. He moved from Tennessee to North Carolina for his position with the Anchormen, but with all his family in Tennessee felt the need to move back after prayer when this position with the LeFevre Quartet came open. It was announced last week that Thomas Nalley is joining the group as tenor to replace Harold Reed. Look forward to seeing this new lineup!

Also, Dan Keeton is leaving Gold City. Dan issued this open letter last night:

"Many of you know my testimony of child abuse, the divorce of my parents, and my daddy’s alcoholism. I have recently been given an opportunity to start a non-profit organization using music and arts to inspire child victims of abuse. I am so excited but also heavy-hearted. Opening this door means I will have to leave Gold City. I can honestly say I love the Rileys so much. Tim and Danny are like family to me. Chuck, Bryan, and Jerry are so easy going and fun to be around that I will dearly miss being on the bus with such fine Christian gentlemen. I will always be grateful for my time here, and ask everyone to pray that Gold City finds the best replacement possible and that the transition is a smooth one."

Best wishes for Dan in the future, he will be missed! But you definitely have to admire his reasoning and the work that he will be doing.

Daniel Riley provided this quote about Dan on Facebook last night:

"We support Dan 100 percent in this new chapter of his life. We believe God has given him this opportunity to go into this new ministry. Dan has personally dealt with child abuse, and we believe his passion is for helping others in this area. He has our blessing and prayers as he leaves to encourage and enrich the lives of others in this special calling. Dan has agreed to stay on with Gold City and continue his role as our tenor until a replacement can be found."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!