Monday, January 21, 2013

Prayers for Tracy Stuffle - Tracy Stuffle Suffers a Stroke

Libbi Perry Stuffle of the Perrys posted on social media on Monday night that she was at the ERwith Tracy. Tracy suffered a stroke on Monday night while driving. He's in a hospital in Nashville in ICU. Please keep Tracy, Libbi, their family and the Perrys in your prayers.

Learn how you can support the Perrys!


Here's the latest update:

Update at 9:05 a.m. on Jan. 25:

Temp is down to 99.3 from 103.5, but they are doing a chest ex ray to check lungs. They seem to think there is bacteria somewhere. But even their highest acting antibiotics have not worked. His vitals are a little higher than has been. But, this could be happening due to the part of brain that controls the body temp being effected from bleed out! Just don't know right now.


Update at 5:28 a.m. on Jan. 25:

Urgent prayers needed!!!! Tracy has a 103 degree Neurological infection/fever!!! They have ice on him in areas and they are putting a cooling blanket under him.


Update on from Libbi on Facebook at 9:15 a.m. on Jan. 24:

Tracy's numbers are staying where they are suppose to be. Blood pressure still fluctuates especially when they have to suction. He's still sedated. He's having a little more movement on his left side, but nothing on the right side. But, the neuro doctor said it's still early in the game.

I spent most of the night holding his hand. When I hold his hand he will rub his fingers against mine and squeeze and he tries to turn my wedding ring around. He opened his eyes a couple times last night for a few seconds. I sang to him and played some quiet time hymns songs.

I will update daily at 9 a.m. after I see his doctor and he gives me his updates on him. I will also update in the afternoon or evening. I didn't last night because I was really tired. Also, these updates will be on his www.caringbridge.org/visit/tracystuffle page. They will also notify you when a update has been posted.

I want to thank Linda DeVault, Carolyn Minick, Candy Christmas, Alisa Grubb, Tim Duncan and his wife for bringing care packages for the family! We really appreciate everything! Also want to thank all of his friends that have came! A special thank you to Dr. Phil Hoskins and Dr. Joe Arthur! These are some of Tracy's favorite preacher buddies!

A big thank you to my sweet nephew Barrett Devault for the hotel room through Sunday for me to shower and some of our out of town family to stay in. You will never know how much I deeply appreciate this! I love you Bear!

Thanks again for all the prayers, text messages, phone calls and emails!!! They truly lift my spirits!!!

I love you all!
Lib
Romans 8:18


Update from Joseph Habedank at 1 a.m. on Jan. 24:

I was at the hospital for a few hours this morning and I was able to spend a couple hours in Tracy's room with Libbi tonight. He seems to be sleeping soundly and his color looks much better as well. Also, his temperature has gone down a little and he no longer has a fever, to my knowledge. Please continue to (obviously) pray for Tracy, but also pray for Libbi, that The Lord will give her strength, as she is living on very little sleep since Sunday and pray for Jared too, if you would.. They all need it. We love you all!


Update from Libbi's Facebook at 5 p.m. on Jan. 23:

I ask Tracy to squeeze my hand if he wanted me to stay with him and he grabbed my hand and wouldn't let go!!! He's having a little more movement on his good side. This made me happy, happy, happy!!!


Update from Jared on Twitter at 2 p.m. on Jan. 23:

No big difference today in dad, they do have him half way awake so he has been doing his "I'm ready to get out of here" leg shake


Update from Libbi on Facebook as of 8:45 a.m. on Jan. 23:
Not a lot of changes through the night other than temp is normal! PTL

They have had to up his blood pressure med. It's having a hard time staying down where they need it even with added meds. His nurse said this morning that if the BP goes too high and he has another bleed out, his life as he knew it would be done! They are being VERY adamant about LESS visitors today and absolutely no talking and stimulation from the few visitors that they will allow today! I have been lectured twice on this in the last nine or ten hours! They said they took by all the visitors he had yesterday and last night that he was a very loved and thought of person. But, the live is gonna have to wait til he's out of the woods.

No CT scan will be done today, maybe tomorrow. Still allowing time for blood in the fluid cavities to drain off.

I will update later if any changes are made.

Thanks for all the overwhelming amount of prayers, text messages, phone calls and emails!!!! You will never ever know how much it means to our family!

Also one other thing: the guys Joseph and Bryan will be filling all dates this weekend! Ms Leah Melissa Page will be filling in for me. Leah is a very incredible singer and I requested her to step in to fill my place. I ask that you will continue to support the group during this time. I know if Tracy could speak he would tell you this would be a big support to him and for him. I feel my place is to be here during these crucial days. I beg you to please understand. I love you all more than you will ever know! 

Lib 


Update from Libbi on Facebook at 1:30 a.m. on Jan. 23:

Ok I forgot that I have not posted any thing since drainage cath was put in. Which I've been almost 40 hrs with no sleep. Can't eat or sleep until I know my Sweet T is out of the woods! Yes, I know I have to take care of myself too, and I am.

Drainage cath was placed into brain to drain off blood from bleed out. The blood in the fluid cavities is draining off! We noticed movement about 30 minutes later. They now have Tracy sedated so all of his pressures can rest. He also needed a mouth inserted trach to open up his air way, which is a breathing machine, not a vent! They've had to strap his left arm down due to him trying to pull tubes out.

As of right now, he is running a temp of 100. Sometimes this common because the brain controls the temp. But, gonna keep an eye on it to make sure there's not a infection somewhere.

They should be doing another CT scan Wednesday. I will update if they do.

I am sooooo overwhelmed at the out pouring of love that has been shown Tracy! He would never believe it! He sometimes feels like no one really cared about his part in the group. Well, I can't wait for him to see all of you alls FB pages! I have set here beside him crying looking at pics, prayer request posting, kind and generous remarks about him!! Trust me I will show him as soon as he's out of the woods! I don't even know the correct words to use to express my gratitude and thanks for every prayer that has been lifted on his behalf! I love you all sooooooo much!! Please keep praying for my Sweet T!


Update from Jared on Twitter at 6:45 p.m.:

Last time a few went in dad was wiggling his toes and moving his shoulder on his right side so hopefully he is getting some of it back!


Update from Jared on Twitter at 4:50 p.m.:

Tube is in and draining blood off dad's brain which is good, they have him knocked out right now but hopefully we will get to talk tonight.


Updated from the Perrys' Facebook 1:50 p.m.:

I just saw the neurosurgeon. The second bleed out in Tracy's brain is filling up the fluid cavities in his brain. Basically this is like having a stopped up sink with the water still running. The blood left in there is gonna cause pressure on the brain. So the dr is fixin to put a drainage cath in his brain to let the fluids drain out of the fluid cavities. This will only take about 15 mins and is done bedside. Problems that could happen: once in the brain could cause another bleed. 2nd is infection setting up which could go straight to the brain. If this is not done, he will continue to get sleepier and sleepier until he falls into a coma. He's almost been weaned off meds to lower his blood pressure. He is stable on the blood pressure. 

At 7 pm eastern time 6 cst a mass of churches across the United States are gathering to have a prayer vigil on Tracy's behalf. We ould be so honored to have you join with them and my family. Thank you to everyone who has and is praying!!!!


 Update from Singing News at 1:20 p.m. CST:

Bill Bailey, spokesman for The Perrys, has announced that The Perrys intend to fulfill their personal appearances that are scheduled for this upcoming weekend. "Joseph Habedank and Bryan Walker be carrying on the tradition of great Southern Gospel music that Tracy and Libbi have become known for. Libbi will be staying at Tracy's side while talented friends will fill in for the time being. I want to encourage all of the friends of The Perrys—as well as all Southern Gospel fans—to come out and support The Perrys at their concerts and services this weekend in Maryville, Tennessee/Thomasville, North Carolina/Yakinville, North Carolina/Monroe, North Carolina."


Update from the Perrys' Facebook as of 8:33 am CST:

New CT scan showed increased bleeding. Concerned they may have to put him on vent if this starts effecting his breathing. Dr will be in in a little bit to update me more. His blood pressure is down by medicine.


Update from Libbi's Facebook  at 4 a.m. CST:

Update on my precious Sweet Tracy. He has had a stroke. It's not from a clot but from bleeding. He has no movement on the right side. His speech you cannot understand. He however does understand us. He's in ICU and will be here several days. He will have another CT this morning around 8am or a little after. Here's what I am BEGGING you to help me pray: that the bleeding stops and his brain doesn't swell any more than what it is. He has minimal swelling now. And pray God will restore him 100%. 

Tracy had just dropped me off at hospital so I could stay the night with our friend Nancy who had breast cancer surgery today. He got about a mile from hospital and whatever this is happened and he wrecked. Thank The Lord he was only a mile from the hospital. He tried to call EMTs himself, but somehow call Bill Bailey. Friends, I am really trying to stay strong I really am, but I really need a whole bunch of God's strength right now!!! All I know is to be totally honest with you! I am standing on God's Word that by HIS stripes we ARE healed, in the precious name of Jesus!!! Lib



Please keep them in your prayers. I'll try to update this post as soon as I hear anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!