Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Top Moment of 2012 - #7

Do you have a bucket list of groups you've always wanted to see live, but haven't had the chance to? Maybe they are no longer together or the schedule just never works out. Well my #7 on the list of top moments of 2012 was getting to see most of one of my "bucket list" groups.

I never got to see all the Crabb Family sing together, I'm still hopeful that it will happen one day. But this year at Silver Dollar City's Southern Gospel Picnic this year, I got to see three of them sing together. The Bowling Family and Jason Crabb were scheduled on the same day. I was definitely hopeful that I would get to see the three of them perform. So much so that I might have asked Kelly and Terah about it at their product table that afternoon.

That night at Echo Hollow, Jason was halfway through the first half, when the door from behind the stage opened and Kelly and Terah walked out. The audience had an immediate reaction getting excited about the idea of a mini Crabb Reunion taking place. Jason was singing "Please Forgive Me," and when he saw his sisters walk in he called them on stage to join him.

Kelly and Terah started to put their microphones back after the song, but Jason didn't let them off the stage that easily. They sang "I Wouldn't Take Nothing for my Journey Now," which was a song they had done at Echo Hollow years ago during one of the Crabb Family's first live videos. Jason was trying to come up with a Crabb Family song for them to sing together, and someone from the audience suggested "Don't You Wanna Go." They sang that next, and then ended with the classic "Through the Fire."

One of the things I love about this family is how supportive they are of each other. Jason didn't hesitate to bring his sisters up to share the stage. And Kelly and Terah stayed through the entire concert just to watch their brother. They could have easily already been loaded on the bus and headed out of town, but they stayed.

While I would still love to see the entire family sing together one day, this almost Crabb Family reunion was good enough to make #7 of the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!