Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Playlist

It seems that every group has done a Christmas album at one point their career. And I love Christmas music. However, there are only so many versions of "The First Noel" or the "The Christmas Song" that I can take. I'm sure we all have our favorite versions of the classic Christmas songs and carols. But some of my favorite songs aren't necessarily the traditional Christmas songs. So I put together a playlist of my favorite Christmas songs by the artists whose renditions are my favorites:


1. "O Holy Night" - TaRanda Greene (hands down, my favorite version of this song)
2. "Glory to God in the Highest" - Ernie Haase and Signature Sound
3. "Mary Did You Know" - Mark Lowry (With so many versions, I still love hearing the writer sing his own song.)
4. "The Greatest Gift of All" - Jeff and Sheri Easter
5. "Christmas Shoes" - Brian Free and Assurance
6. "Go Tell It on the Mountain" - Lynda Randle
7. "Mary Had a Baby" - Karen Peck and New River
8. "Mary's Little Boy Child/ Jesus, What a Wonderful Child" - Collingsworth Family
9. "Carol of the Bells" - Sisters
10. "Little Drummer Boy" - Kingdom Heirs
11. "What Child Is This?" - The Isaacs
12. "Grace Has a Face (Hope Has Hands)" - Greater Vision
13. "We Believe" - Spoken 4 Quartet
14. "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" -  Ball Brothers (not your typical version)
15. "Joy, Joy" - David Phelps


Some of these are on the artists' Christmas projects or others are simply versions I've seen live in concert or on YouTube. As many as I could find, I've linked to a performance of the song. Which Christmas songs would make your list?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!