Thursday, February 26, 2015

Turn It Up - Playlists of Life


I love this quote. During significant times in my life I can point to a song that represents that time. My choice of music is often defined by the current mood. When I’m on my way to visit my parents, I’m driving down a gravel road with good 90s country music turned up. When I’m on my way to church, it’s a more worshipful, easy-listening style of Christian or gospel.

There are songs that I always find myself turning to when I’ve had a rough day. And then there are songs that define the really good moments of life. One thing is true though, there is a song for every occasion. So I thought it might be fun to put together a playlist of life series, gospel style of course.

We’ll start with the happy ones! Those up-tempo songs that will have you tapping you foot to and reminding you of God's goodness. Those songs that will boost your already happy disposition. You just got a promotion at work. The friend you have been praying for came to church. Or you just got to spend a fun day with family and friends. What songs do you listen to?

Here are a list of songs I reach for and turn up-

  1. Anything But Happy (Jeff and Sheri Easter)
  2. Little Bit of Sunshine (Jeff and Sheri Easter)
  3. He Ain’t Never Done Me Nothing But Good (Isaacs)
  4. I’m Rich (Gold City)
  5. Wish I Could Have Been There (Perrys)
  6. Count Your Blessings (Martins)
  7. Love’s Gonna Drive This Train (Martins)
  8. I'm Going Home With Jesus (Nelons)
  9. Greater (Erwins)
  10. Dancing Like Lazarus (Karen Peck and New River)
  11. I’ve Got a Song (Talleys) 
  12. Boundless Love (Cathedrals)
  13. Wonderful Time Up There (Mark Trammell Quartet)
  14. New Day Dawning (Whisnants)
  15. Shoutin’ Time (Hoppers)
  16. I’m Glad I’m Saved (Bowling Family)
  17. Saved By Grace (Triumphant Quartet)
  18. I Will Glory in the Story (Greenes)
  19. Still Feeling Fine (Booth Brothers)
  20. I Thank You Lord (Lauren Talley)
Comment with some of your go-to songs when life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!