I love this quote. During significant times in my life I can point to a song that represents that time. My choice of music is often defined by the current mood. When I’m on my way to visit my parents, I’m driving down a gravel road with good 90s country music turned up. When I’m on my way to church, it’s a more worshipful, easy-listening style of Christian or gospel.
There are songs that I always find myself turning to when I’ve had a rough day. And then there are songs that define the really good moments of life. One thing is true though, there is a song for every occasion. So I thought it might be fun to put together a playlist of life series, gospel style of course.
We’ll start with the happy ones! Those up-tempo songs that will have you tapping you foot to and reminding you of God's goodness. Those songs that will boost your already happy disposition. You just got a promotion at work. The friend you have been praying for came to church. Or you just got to spend a fun day with family and friends. What songs do you listen to?
Here are a list of songs I reach for and turn up-
- Anything But Happy (Jeff and Sheri Easter)
- Little Bit of Sunshine (Jeff and Sheri Easter)
- He Ain’t Never Done Me Nothing But Good (Isaacs)
- I’m Rich (Gold City)
- Wish I Could Have Been There (Perrys)
- Count Your Blessings (Martins)
- Love’s Gonna Drive This Train (Martins)
- I'm Going Home With Jesus (Nelons)
- Greater (Erwins)
- Dancing Like Lazarus (Karen Peck and New River)
- I’ve Got a Song (Talleys)
- Boundless Love (Cathedrals)
- Wonderful Time Up There (Mark Trammell Quartet)
- New Day Dawning (Whisnants)
- Shoutin’ Time (Hoppers)
- I’m Glad I’m Saved (Bowling Family)
- Saved By Grace (Triumphant Quartet)
- I Will Glory in the Story (Greenes)
- Still Feeling Fine (Booth Brothers)
- I Thank You Lord (Lauren Talley)
Comment with some of your go-to songs when life is good!