Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year Resolutions

I always become fairly reminiscent on New Year's Day. I try to look back on God's blessings of the past year and look forward to goals for the next year.

2014 was a different year. It held new opportunities, first time experiences, some disappointments and some mistakes. I learned that sometimes it pays off to take chances and take a leap of faith. I found out that people can let you down and not always be as trustworthy as they appear. And I learned that life is short and never take for granted time with the ones you love.

I'm thankful for more time and memories with family and friends.  I'm blessed that God has stuck with me when I was not always close to Him. God is always loving and ever faithful. I'm thankful that in situations when I didn't follow His leading, He protected me. It's amazing how when I look back at situations I didn't understand, He saw the bigger picture. I could always rest in the fact that He knows best and He is working everything together for my good. The realization of God's omniscience has been overwhelming this year.

2015 is sure to be another adventure, another leg on this journey of life. I pray that this year I will grow closer to Him, seek Him more and spend more time with Him. My hope is that when I look back on 2015 I will see this as a year when my faith was strengthened and my walk with God was closer than ever before.

I pray that I will not dwell on the things of the past year, the disappointments and the mistakes. I hope that I won't let the hurt and deception from people affect my future. My prayer is that I can move forward with lessons learned knowing that God is doing something new. 2015 is a year for new opportunities and experiences. I pray that for all of us 2015 is the best year yet!

"Do not call to mind the former things, Or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new. Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it?" 
Isaiah 43:18, 19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!