The night was an incredible reminder of the faithfulness of God. Everything that was said and sung pointed to how much we could trust God in the coming year because of how faithful He had been to us.
Here's a lineup of what they sang -
- "Bless the Lord/ My Tribute" - I love their arrangement to this song. It set up the night
The Talleys - Roger, Debra and Lauren
- "The Promise"
- "Isn't the Love of Jesus Something Wonderful"
- "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" - Debra sat up this song by talking about her mom. They all got to spend time with her parents over Christmas. Her mom faithfully served her church as the piano player for 66 years. She was raised with her parents having a faithful dedication to church and to the Lord. She talked about the faithfulness of God for her family and how she could see the hand of God working in their lives and how He had provided for them.
- "When He Calls Me I'll Fly Away"
- "Hidden Heroes" - I love this song from their latest project! Lauren talked about how this song really described the relationship between her grandparents when her grandmother was suffering from Alzheimer's. She said it was such a picture of love to watch him serve her and how it was reminiscent of the love that God has for us.
- "He's Alive" - This is always a highlight of a Talleys concert for me! Seeing and hearing this song live is always such a powerful moment!
- "God Is Great, Good Merciful"
- "Mountain Mover" - This was a request from the audience! Glad to hear them stage this one!
- "What You Leave Behind" - This is another favorite from their project Test of Time. Roger talked about how when his dad passed away they had to go through all his belongings. They realized in that process that it wasn't the expensive things that meant the most to them but the things that weren't worth any money but special reminders of their family or of certain times in their lives.
- "Leave It There" - Debra spoke before this song about how we are to fear not because God is with us. We can lay our burdens down because we can trust that He will be there and take care of it. Loved hearing Debra sing this song!
- "Broken Ones" - Always incredible to hear live!!
After the invitation, they closed the night with "I'll Fly Away." Again, it was a sweet night of worship and a reminder of how faithful God is in our lives. No matter what happens this year, God is faithful.