Thursday, February 18, 2016

Undivided - Master's Voice - CD Review

I saw Master's Voice for the first time last fall in Branson, Missouri at Silver Dollar City. I'll confess I really wasn't familiar with the group before then even though they have been around for a while. This is the first group recording as a quartet with the addition of Jerry Pilgrim in 2015. The current lineup is Ricky Capps (tenor), Justin Morphis (lead), Stan Watson (baritone) and Jerry Pilgrim (bass) with Theron Perry on keys.

The project starts with the toe-tapper "I Can Hardly Wait." This fast tempo song really shows off the blend of the group. "Goodbye to Goodbye" keeps the tempo going with a little bit of soul.

Tenor Ricky Capps sings on "How Long a Lifetime Is." This is a beautiful song that reminds us all of how precious time is here with loved ones. Ricky does an amazing job on this song, which was written by Joseph Habedank and Rachel McCutcheon. The song reminds me a little bit of "While I Still Can," the hit for Devin McGlamery.

One of my favorites is "Lord of Mercy." You can't help but move and sway with the music on this one. It's a great feature for Jerry Pilgrim and a great quartet number! He also sings the verse on "I Know What He Did for Me." The song shows off his vocal range. I really like the harmony part on the second verse. Very nice touch!

"This Same Jesus" is definitely a stand out track. Justin Morphis does an incredible job on this ballad. This is one you definitely need to hit repeat on. Justin has several strong features on this project. I was familiar with him from his days with 11th Hour. I think these are some of his best vocals. "Here I Am Again" and "Send Somebody" are other features for Justin.

Ricky is also featured on "Somebody is Me." It's another great uptempo song with message we all need to be reminded of. So many times we wait on somebody else, when the somebody just needs to be me.

"Ain't It Good" is one of two Rachel McCutcheon cuts on the project. I like that the song has a split feature with Stan on the first verse and Justin on the second. The album closes with "Everything the Blood Touches," which is another standout track. I love the build of the song. Again, the blend of the four guys on the chorus is incredible!

If you've been missing out Master's Voice, pick up this project! You'll discover a great quartet that I have a feeling is on its way up in the industry.


Song List -
1. "I Can Hardly Wait to Fly"
2. "Goodbye to Goodbye"
3. "How Long a Lifetime Is"
4. "Lord of Mercy"
5. "Here I am Again"
6. "I Know What He Did for Me"
7. "Somebody Is Me"
8. "This Same Jesus"
9. "Things God Doesn't Know"
10. "Send Somebody"
11. "Ain't It Good"
12. "Everything the Blood Touches Lives"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!