Sunday, February 21, 2016

Buck Rambo Passes Away

Prayers go out tonight to the family of Buck Rambo who passed away earlier today. He was 84 years old. He battled stage IV bone cancer and prostate cancer.

Buck traveled and sang gospel music for many years with a career spanning more than six decades. He had numerous Grammy and Dove Award nominations. He was a founding father of the Gospel Music Hall of Fame. He was also one of the first board members for the Gospel Music Association.

He is survived by his wife Mae, daughter Reba and son-in-law Dony McGuire and several grandchildren. Granddaughter Destiny Rambo McGuire tweeted, ""King of the Cowboys" has taken his long awaited ride into the sunset.. I'm in tatters but so grateful he got to 'go kiss Jesus.'"

Gospel singers paid tribute on social media last night as they heard of his passing -

Susan Whisnant - "I'm so sorry to hear about Buck Rambo passing away!!! Heaven is getting sweeter!!"

Mark Trammell - "Saddened at the news of the passing of one of my heroes. Buck Rambo is in the arms of Jesus. Please be in prayer for Mae Kutz Rambo and all of Bucks family in the coming days."

Pat Barker - "What an honor it was to know this man. A true gentleman. Gospel music lost a true pioneer."

Kelly Nelon Clark - "Our dear friend Buck Rambo made his journey to Heaven tonight. My daddy loved him so much along with us. Please pray for our dear friends Mae, Reba, Dony, Destiny and Israel and all the family. Buck tell my daddy I love him! I bet he sure is glad to see you!"

I'll update when arrangements have been made.

For more on the career and life of Buck Rambo, visit here.

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you included the tributes from other artists on social media - the formatting you gave them works well, too. OCD that I am, I notice formatting and things ;) Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!