|2nd Generation - Brenda Denney, Elaine Robinson|
and Randy Barnes
It was great seeing the group again in a church setting. They have a new project that will come out in August. They sang several songs from that, and I can't wait to hear the full album!
Here's a list of what they sang -
- "Trouble Me No More" - Fun uptempo song to get the service started! Elaine was featured on this one.
- "Let's All Get Together"
- "One More River" - I really love this song!
- "What a Day That Will Be" - They sang a few great classics, and this was the first one of the night. They are including some of these old standards on their upcoming release.
- "Sheltered in the Arms of God" - Brenda said that this was the first song she remembers Elaine singing with her parents. Elaine did such an incredible job on this song! They restarted the song a cappella, and it was definitely a highlight of the night!!
- "Fight Worth Fighting" - This group loves audience participation on songs. This song and the next song the group had the audience do some motions with the song. It was a lot of fun to see the audience get so involved!
- "Feel the Joy" - Another fun one to see and hear live that requires some audience participation!
- "Waving on the Other Side" - Loved hearing Randy sing this one! He told the story of his dad and how he was always his biggest cheerleader. He talked about how felt like his dad was still cheering him on.
- "He Saved Me" - Brenda was featured on this one, definitely a highlight of the concert!! I loved this song!!
- "Redemption Draweth Nigh" - Incredible song to end the night on!
I really hope to see this group more often in the future. If 2nd Generation is in your area, don't miss your chance to go see them!