Thursday, October 2, 2014

Booth Brothers - Isaiah 12:2 - CD Review

“Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the Lord God is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation.” - Isaiah 12:2

The Booth Brothers released this project, Isaiah 12:2, earlier this year. I was able to get a copy when I saw them in Branson last month. This project now has a little more significance since it is the last project with Jim Brady at baritone.

This project is exactly what you have come to expect from the Booth Brothers, the smooth, easy-listening, tight harmonies that you have come to love from this group. Isaiah 12:2 shows just why they have been a fan favorite for so many years! Most of the songs are not new, but the Booth Brothers do a good job of making them their own.

"If God Didn't Care" really starts the project well and sets the tone for the feel of most of the rest of the songs. Michael really shines through on the tenor part on this song.

The highlight of the project for me is "On My Way Home." This song, penned by Jim Brady, is an incredible picture of how we as Christians should view this world and Heaven. While I'm so thankful for the time here on the earth, the experiences and the relationships, I'm even more thankful that this world is not my home. We have a far better home ahead of us. Both times I've seen it live, the trio has performed it around one mic. Love this song!

"Silent Prayer" is another standout of the project which features Ronnie. The message of the song says that God hears all our prayers, even the silent ones for the times we can't manage to get out words.

"A Wonderful Life" is the same song that Legacy Five previously cut, but the song was actually written by Jim and Melissa Brady. In fact, Jim wrote five of the nine songs on the project.

Most of the songs on the project are easy-listening not exactly ballad but nothing really upbeat either. "He Made a Way" is an exception to that. Michael gets the feature on this more uptempo song. "What Will You Do With Him on the Cross" is also an exception.

Overall, this is exactly the type of great vocals you have come to expect from the Booth Brothers. The songs while not all new have incredible messages. And it's a project you will want to add to your collection!


Song List -

  1. "If God Didn't Care"
  2. "He Made a Way"
  3. "Oh It Is Jesus"
  4. "A Wonderful Life"
  5. "I Wouldn't Change a Thing"
  6. "On My Way Home"
  7. "Silent Prayer"
  8. What Will You Do With Him on the Cross"
  9. "Behold God"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!