It's been a busy week! A lot happened in the world of Southern Gospel this week. Here are some noteworthy news and tidbits -
- Brian Free and Assurance has released its official music video for "Say Amen." Check it out here.
- TaRanda Greene has signed with StowTown Records. Her debut project, Stronger, with them will be out on Nov. 11. Read more about their agreement.
- Pat Barker announced the launching of a new online community, You Tell Me. Check out his website howbigisGod2u.com for online prayer requests, testimonials and see where he will be singing next.
- Justin Wells resigned from the Lesters. He will continue with the group until the end of the month. Read more here.
- The Bowling Family signed a deal with Daywind Records. Read more about their agreement.
- Tim Rackley of Old Paths has a 16-year-old daughter, Brianna, who has been put in the hospital for kidney failure. The solutions are dialysis for short-term and then a kidney transplant as a long-term option. Her official diagnosis was nephronophthisis. Keep her and the family in your prayers! For the latest, go to The Old Paths Facebook page.
- Joey Johnson resigned as baritone from Master's Voice. He was with the group for seven years. You can read more here.
- Wilburn and Wilburn were involved in a car accident on Thursday night. The rental car was destroyed as they slid into the truck in front of them, and then the car caught on fire. Thankfully, no one was hurt and they were able to get their belongings out of the car before it caught fire.
- Libbi Perry Stuffle is home after her heart attack last weekend. She is taking it easy and resting for a few weeks. Katy Peach is filling in for her.
- Tim Riley is in rehab following his stroke last week to regain strength and increased mobility on his right side. Doctors expect a full recovery.
- Friends of Jeff and Sheri Easter have started a GoFundMe account for them. They have recently had major issues with their bus resulting in $34,000 worth of repairs. To contribute and help them, go to this site.
Anything else that I have missed?