Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Hearing the Good News - Tribute Quartet Concert Recap

I'm still catching up on concert recaps from the end of June. One of the last concerts of June that I saw was the Tribute Quartet. Here are some highlights of the night -

  • "Oh What a Savior" - Riley nails this song! Amazing job. He set up the song a little differently than normal. That night right before the concert, their bus started having some issues with the generator. He talked about how growing up all he ever wanted to be was a mechanic. He had no desire to sing. He said it's funny how God works in that since being with Tribute, God hadn't forgotten that desire and had given him plenty of opportunities to be a mechanic. However, he said his life was changed when as a 12-year-old boy he stepped up to sing this song, the first song he ever sang as as solo.
  • "Outside the Gate" - The way the guys do this song is incredible. I love when they come out into the audience on the chorus with just the four voices. It really shows the talent and blend of the group.
  • I love Christmas. I mean, I love Christmas. However, I'm not usually a fan of Christmas music when it's 90 degrees outside. That being said, Riley singing "Mary Did You Know" was definitely a highlight of the night! Loved getting to hear him sing this song live!
  • "I Am Healed" - This was not a song I remember hearing before. Gary was featured on this song. Before he sang Gary said he had had this song on his mind all night, and he felt like someone needed to hear it. He said we serve a God who still saves and heals. Love this song!!
  • They had several requests that night including "I've Got Leaving on My Mind." Glad they wanted Anthony to sing this, another highlight!
  • "Good News From Jerusalem" continues to be a request from fans, and I think this song continues to get the biggest responses from the audience. Josh always does a great job on this song!
  • Also, I can't go without mentioning, they might have the most entertaining product pitch in gospel music. Kuddos to the group who can make the audience laugh during the entire thing!
If you get a chance to see Tribute in your area, don't miss them!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!