- Congratulations to Riley Harrison and Megan Clark on their newest addition to their family. Big brother Colbin welcomed sister Charlee Rae on April 14. She was 7 lbs., 9 oz. and 20.5 inches long. She was born via emergency c-section, but both mother and baby are doing better.
- Daywind Music Group announced the addition of Daywind Roots to its family of award-winning music labels. Daywind Roots strives to fill a void left in Christian music. The rich, classic sounds of Christian, country and gospel artists will be the foundation of this label; providing these timeless artists with a home to create new, quality music to be heard by fans around the world The first project on Daywind Roots comes from the GRAMMY Award winning country group, Shenandoah.
- The Absolutely Gospel Music Awards were held this week. Check out the full list of winners.
- Gospel music songwriter Tina Sadler-Stark passed away this week after a battle with an aggressive form of cancer. She is known for "God Is Good All The Time" (Gaither Vocal Band), "Meanwhile In The Garden" (Tony Gore & Majesty), and "Something In The Upper Room" (The Wilburns). Services were held this week in Poplar Bluff, Missouri.
- Pat Barker announced the start of PB&J Productions. This will include promoting, broadcasting with webcasts and an internet music school. Check out his full video announcement -
- The Talleys debuted their new concept video "The People in the Line" at the Absolutely Gospel Music Awards on Tuesday. The video stars Lauren Talley and Jedda Meyers. Watch it below -
Saturday, April 16, 2016
In Case You Missed It - News and Tidbits - April 16
Here are news and tidbit items from this week in gospel music -