Thursday, August 31, 2017

Beginning the Second Half - Silver Dollar City's Southern Gospel Picnic

I was back at Silver Dollar City Wednesday ready for a full day of gospel music. And I'll be here for the rest of the second half of the festival. And what a better way to start the second half of the picnic than a night with the Second Half Quartet! But before the evening in Echo Hollow, here's a look at highlights from other groups throughout the day -

The LeFevre Quartet

  • "He Was There" - I've been hearing this song so much on the radio, so I'm glad I got to hear it live!
  • "Let the Church Arise" - Incredible song from their new album!
  • "I'm Gonna Be Movin'"
  • "I Want to Walk Every Day With My Lord" - Good to hear their new bass singer Keith Plott.
Soul'd Out Quartet
  • "Blessed Assurance"
  • "I'll Fly Away" - Love their spin on this song!
  • "I Believe" - Always enjoy hearing Ian featured on this song. 
  • "Arise My Love"
The Talleys
  • "After All This Time"
  • "His Life For Mine" - Always such a powerful song! 
  • "Up Above" - I hadn't heard them sing this one in a while, I forgot what a great song it is! 
  • "People in the Line"
  • "But I Need You More"
  • Piano medley - They had audience member call out hymns, "Great Is Thy Faithfulness, "What a Day That Will Be" and "How Great Thou Art" and Roger put them together on the piano.
  • "He's Alive" 
Second Half Quartet

  • "Standing on Holy Ground"
  • "Master Builder" - Always love hearing Mark on this song! 
  • "There's Something About That Name/ I Will Serve Thee" - This was absolutely beautiful! 
  • "Cheer the Weary Traveler"
  • "Prodigal Son" - I believe this is the song that started it all for this group. 
  • "How Big Is God" 
  • "I Know a Man Who Can"
  • "Going Home"
  • "Wonderful Grace of Jesus" - Good to hear them on the Cathedrals a cappella arrangement. 
  • "Boundless Love" - Last song of the night and the audience was on its feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!