Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Changes for the Gaither Vocal Band

The Gaither Vocal Band announced a change today. Long-time member David Phelps will be stepping down to pursue his solo career full-time. Stepping into the role will be none other than Reggie Smith effective April 1. Reggie, along with his wife Ladye Love, has been a featured artist on the Gaither Homecoming stage for more than 15 years. Reggie has performed in more than 25 countries and in such prestigious venues as the Super Bowl, Carnegie Hall and the Kremlin in Moscow.

Check out this video below -




Here are more comments and quotes from David, Reggie and Bill from the press release -

David reflects, “It has literally been a dream-come-true to be a part of the GVB. I remember the first time I was standing behind Bill in the group as he began ‘There’s a line that’s been drawn though the ages…’ I knew I’d finally made it. Now the journey that’s been filled with deep-conversations-over-morning-coffee, not-always-appropriate-belly-laughs, sad tears, happy tears, and always-great music has led us to a fork in the road. I’ve been in school for 20 years. It still shocks (and scares) Bill a little bit when I quote, word for word, something he said years ago. I’ve been soaking it all in. He is my teacher, mentor, friend, and a welcome critic. We are family. As things change and evolve over this transition, that will remain the same. Lori and I are excited about the wonderful future that God has in store for all of us as we embark on this new chapter. We are so grateful for the invaluable love and support of all our fans, friends and family!’

 “David is a rare talent and we are so grateful for his presence in the Gaither Vocal Band for all these years,” Bill Gaither states. “We will continue to include him on the program for our special weekend events as he is available.”

“I consider this a great honor," Reggie said. "Bill has been a great coach to me for many years, and I am thrilled to be able to work with these talented men who are already dear friends.”

 Bill Gaither is ecstatic about the future, stating, “I love working with so many great singers, and I am thrilled about all that Reggie Smith brings to the Gaither Vocal Band. His voice folds in beautifully with the other group members, as does his genuinely sweet spirit. Great days are ahead!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!