Monday, November 4, 2013

When to start Christmas music?

Halloween is over, and the stores are already filled with Christmas decorations, candy and music. I think I've said this before, but I love Christmas. I love everything about it. On November 1, all systems are go for Christmas music. And my Christmas tree will be up early next week.

But when you go to Southern Gospel concerts, do you expect to hear Christmas music already? I'll just be honest if you are TaRanda Greene or Gerald Wolfe and want to sing "Oh Holy Night" in July during a concert, I'm perfectly ok with that. On the other hand, I've been a concerts in August when the group was about to release a Christmas project and most of the concert was Christmas. I'm ok with one or two if it's out of season, but not a full concert.

So what are your thoughts? Are you an after Thanksgiving person or can you listen to Christmas music year round?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!