Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Where Are You Eating Today?

When I first started this blog, I debated about whether it should be strictly southern gospel or if I might have other topics thrown into the mix from time to time. Today I decided to break the strictly southern gospel rule.

Because of a stand that Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy took against gay marriage, today has turned into Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day. Christians everywhere are flocking to support him at the urging at Mike Huckabee (an Arkansas native, I'll add :)). His goal with today is to "affirm a business that operates on Christian principles and whose executives are willing to take a stand for Godly values."

That's why I'm eating Chick-fil-A today, to support an organization and individual that possess the same Godly principles and beliefs I do. Marriage should be between one man and one woman and just one time. That's how God intended it. In a corporate world, it would be easy for Dan Cathy not to have taken the stand that he did. You have to admire a Christian man who speaks his convictions not knowing how that would affect his business.

My support of Chick-fil-A is not to bash the gay community. People seem to be turning this into a big political debate. For me, it's not about politics. I certainly don't support what the GLBT community stands for, but the Bible preaches to love the sinner and hate the sin. I hope that, in addition to supporting a Christian organization, that we will take a step further to reach those who need to know Christ. I pray that we won't lose sight of that.

It's so encouraging to me that my Facebook and Twitter today have been blowing up with pictures of lines at Chick-fil-A or comments about eating there. Several southern gospel artists, like Aaron Crabb, the Perrys, Lauren Talley and Greater Vision, have tweeted or posted on Socialcam about this. I love seeing Christian people across the country supporting an organization that stands on Christian principles.

So what are you eating today? Because I am eating chikin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!