Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Isaacs - Online Concert Review

I got the opportunity to watch an Isaacs concert this weekend thanks to a church streaming its services online. The Isaacs were in Haughton, La. at Central Assembly of God over the weekend.

I've had the opportunity to see the Isaacs several times over the years, and they always have a great concert. This night was no exception. Here was the song list for the night:


  • "Bluegrass Gospel Medley" (included songs such as "Love Lifted Me", "I'll Fly Away", "Power in the Blood," "In the Sweet By and By")
  • "Four Men Walkin' Around"
  • "That Is Why I Sing"
  • "No Shortage"
  • "The Three Bells"
  • "Why Can't We"
  • "Get on Board"
  • "You Never Know" 
  • "Little Bit of Heaven"
  • "Hallelujah"
  • "I'm Gonna Love You Through It"
  • "Waiting in the Water"
  • "I Will Praise Him"
  • "Mama's Teaching Angels How to Sing"


Standout points for me:

I loved how many songs they sang from Why Can't We. I'll confess I I had downloaded several of the songs from the project on iTunes, but didn't the entire album. That is about to change. After hearing more of the songs from that project they performed the other night, the album will be complete in my iTunes library shortly.

I never get tired of hearing the Isaacs sing "I Will Praise Him." Their rendition of the song leaves me with goosebumps every time. Such an amazing version of the song!!

"I'm Gonna Love You Through It" is such a beautiful song that tells the story of Lily's battle with breast cancer. I'm hoping that since it's become a great song for Martina McBride that Sonya and Jimmy will receive some accolades in the country music world as well.

Becky gave a beautiful testimony about God's healing power in her life before she sang "Waiting in the Water." I didn't realize all that she had been through. It's such a great song on healing.

Jimmy Yeary has become quite the banjo player. I saw the group last time in early September when he had not been with them for very long. He seems a lot more comfortable in his role now. With his addition to the group, they have gained not only a great musician, but also vocalist and songwriter. He sang a song that he had written, "You Never Know." It was a great move for all!


I was a little disappointed not to hear some of my Isaacs' favorites, but I was glad to hear some of their new songs. If they are in your area, be sure to go see them, and I hope to be able to see them in person soon! It was a great concert, and really appreciate the church for broadcasting it online!


1 comment:

  1. I love the Isaacs, and can't wait to purchase their new album! (Well, actually I can wait because I've been waiting for the time my budget allows it! :) )

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!