Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Resurrection Songs

So many times we focus on songs about the cross. And while I love those songs, I love the Easter songs about the resurrection more. Nothing showed His love for us more than his death at Calvary, but because the tomb is empty we can celebrate. The empty tomb means that Christ is who He professed to be. He's alive, and those who believe in Him have the promise of eternal life.

Here's my list of standout resurrection songs. These aren't necessarily my favorite, and I'm sure I left off some obvious ones. However, these are the ones that came to mind when I started thinking about resurrection songs.

"He's Alive" - The Talleys

"Last Night" - Karen Peck & New River

"He's Living Today" - The Whisnants

"The Empty Tomb Says It All" - Kingdom Heirs

"If You Knew Him" - The Perrys

"In Christ Alone" - Booth Brothers

"Jesus Has Risen" - Cathedrals

"Christ the Lord Has Risen Today" - The Nelons

Because He Lives

What do you think? Which resurrection songs stand out to you? What are your favorite Easter songs?

5 comments:

  1. Two Gold City songs: "There Rose A Lamb" and "Lord of Life"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "See What a Morning," by the Gettys. The oldie "Easter Song." Ernie Haase "What a Difference a Day Makes." Wes Hampton's "If Sunday Had Not Come." Steve Green's "He Holds the Keys." Then there are a couple like "Jesus Saves" and "Amen" that are "big picture" songs including resurrection.

    Just a few that came to mind. :) Of the ones you listed, I love the hymn "Christ the Lord is Risen Today," "Jesus Has Risen," and "Because He Lives."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing! I can't believe some of these slipped my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Legacy Five "When They Found Nothing" - the message of this song is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Day Three Lordsong!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!