Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Absolutely Gospel Music Awards

The Absolutely Gospel Music Awards were held Tuesday night at the River of Life Church in Smyrna, Tenn. If you missed it in person or online, you missed a great show!

Here's a breakdown of the winners:

Male Vocalist - Doug Anderson
Female Vocalist - Libbi Stuffle
Best Live Performer - Booth Brothers
Pacesetter Award - Gospel Music Today
Country Song - "Hear My Heart" by Jeff and Sheri Easter
Country Album - Why Can't We by The Isaacs
Traditional Southern Song - "Celebrate Me Home" by The Perrys
Traditional Southern Album - Somebody's Coming by Gold City
Progressive Southern Song - "On the Banks of the Promised Land" by Karen Peck & New River
Progressive Southern Album - Let It Be Known by Booth Brothers
Special Event Project - Christmas Must Be Tonight by Three Bridges
Engineer - Terry Thompson and Scott Godsey
Producer (Artist) - Ben Isaacs
Producer (Professional) - Lari Goss
Songwriters (Artist) - Sonya Isaacs Yeary and Becky Isaacs Bowman
Songwriter (Professional) - Kenna West
Susan Unthank Memorial Award - Karen Peck Gooch
Musician - Madison Easter
Breakthrough Artist - Wilburn and Wilburn
Mixed Group - Karen Peck & New River
Female Group - Sisters
Male Group - Triumphant Quartet
Fan Favorite Artist - Karen Peck & New River
Album of the Year - Why Can't We by The Isaacs
Song of the Year - "On the Banks of the Promised Land" by Karen Peck & New River

I was definitely surprised by some of the winners. I made a prediction list before the ceremony just to see how many I could get right, not necessarily who I wanted to win, but who I thought would. I'm embarrassed to say an actual number, because I did so poorly! I think that's one thing that I like so much about this awards show though, because sometimes the winners and even nominations aren't so predictable, or at least for me!

Karen Peck Gooch and Sonya Isaacs Yeary did a great job hosting the awards last night! They complemented each other well.

The best acceptance speech in my opinion goes to Kenna West. She was too funny when she got up there. But then she used the comparison of the boy with the lunch of five loaves and two fish. She talked about how she just wanted God to use her lunch. I thought it was a great moment!

Another standout moment for me of the night was when Deon Unthank was announcing the Susan Unthank Memorial Award. Karen Peck Gooch won the award and as a host was sitting right behind the podium. When he started talking about the winner, her face as she realized that he was talking about her was priceless! She was honestly surprised and very honored to receive it.

All groups and individuals who performed did a great job! One that stood out to me was Wilburn and Wilburn. Since they are new, I haven't had a chance to see them personally yet, but I was very impressed last night! I've been a big fan of Jonathan Wilburn since his Gold City days. I was glad to see them awarded Breakthrough Artist of the Year, and can't wait to see them in concert in person!

Sisters also had an outstanding performance last night that moved most of the audience to their feet! Check it out here!

Did you watch it last night? What did you think? Would love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!