Sunday, August 26, 2018

2018 Southern Gospel Picnic - Silver Dollar City - Day 4

This morning started off with hearing Dr. Dennis Swanberg speak in the Opera House. I also got to see The Old Paths and the Hoppers today. Here are a few highlights from the day -

The Old Paths

It's hard to narrow this list down to just a few. These guys are sounding better than ever. They did a mix of songs from their newest project with a few familiar favorites. Steve even was featured on a song that he did with Gold City, "Preach the Word." Daniel brought out his sax for a few songs as well. It was great to see the audience so responsive and into the sets after the quartet's return to Silver Dollar City after their time off the road.

  • "God's Great"
  • "Love Them to Jesus"
  • "Tangled in the Middle"
  • "Broken People Like Me"
  • "I Wanna Get Closer"
  • "Preach the Word"
  • "I Bowed on my Knees and Cried Holy"



The Hoppers

The Hoppers took the stage with just Dean, Kim, Mike and Karlye for the first few songs. Dean introduced his parents and then Connie and then later Claude came out to join them.

  • "Life Is Good"
  • "Yahweh"
  • "I Wouldn't Take Nothing for My Journey Now" - Love hear them singing songs from the first families of gospel music.
  • "I've Come Too Far to Look Back" - Always a treat to hear Connie sing this song!
  • "Jerusalem"
  • "Something's Happening" - They knock this song out of the park every time. 
  • "He Is Mine, and I Am His" - This has become one of my favorite songs. I love their version of this song. 
  • "My Ransom" - It's good to hear Karlye step up and sing one by herself. She's got a great voice.
  • "Shoutin' Time" - This is always a fun one to hear at Echo Hollow, and of course, they repeated the chorus several times. The entire audience was up clapping at the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!