Wednesday, August 29, 2018

2018 Southern Gospel Picnic at Silver Dollar City - Day 6

Yesterday was a full day of gospel music from 10:30 a.m. at the first Mark Trammell Quartet show until the last chorus of "God on the Mountain" from the McKameys. If you love traditional Southern Gospel, this was your day on the park.

Here are a few highlights -

Mark Trammell Quartet


  • "He Hideth My Soul" - Love to hear Blake sing this him!
  • "Go Show John"
  • "The King Is Coming" - Always such a powerful moment when they sing this one. No one does it better!
  • "The Statue of Liberty"
  • "The Lighthouse" - Love to hear Mark sing this song. 
  • "All the Way Home" - Such a fun top-tapper and Nick does a great job. 
  • "Echoes From the Burning Bush" - I'm glad they chose to sing this one yesterday. It's one of my favorites! Randy does a great job on those step out bass lines!
  • "My Faith Still Holds" - Such a great song, another one I was glad to hear them sing live!
  • Trevor was featured on his Redeemed medley and the "Hallelujah Chorus." 

Mylon Hayes Family

I have only gotten to see this family a handful of times and mainly at hymn sings, so it was good to hear a full set from them yesterday. If you have not heard this family, make it a point to see them! And for all my Arkansas friends, they will be in Pine Bluff Thursday night. 
  • "One More Opportunity" 
  • "Well Done, My Child, Well Done" - They do convention style songs so well!
  • "Oh What a Morning"
  • "What a Day That Will Be" - Loved hearing them sing this old hymn. 
  • I didn't realize that the boys played piano, but they did a piano duet of "Goodbye, World, Goodbye" yesterday. 
  • "What An Anchor" - Such a powerful song! I've been hearing this one more and more on the radio, so I'm glad I got to hear it in person!

Greater Vision
  • "Paid in Full"
  • "Still" - One of my favorite recent songs from Greater Vision. 
  • "For All He's Done"
  • "Why Me Lord" - Jon does a great job on this song. Apparently his in-laws were in the audience yesterday and when he finished his father-in-law yelled out for him!
  • "He'd Still Been God"
  • "Hallelujah Square" - I love hearing Chris sing this song. I'm glad it's on their most recent project. No one sings this one better than Chris.
  • "Rolled Back Stone"
  • "It Pays to Pray" - Gerald said there was a man there from Germany who requested that song, so they closed their last set with it. It was definitely the highlight of their sets for me!
McKameys

I don't get to see the McKameys very often in person. I forgot just how passionate they are about what they do - the ministry and the music. They are just authentic and real. I love seeing that spirit just shine from them. It was good to see Eli doing so well from his kidney transplant last year and good to hear him sing one by himself! They sang most of their most popular songs. 
  • "Living for Eternity"
  • "Unspoken Request"
  • "God on the Mountain" 
  • "On and On"
  • "What If"
  • "Be Brave"
  • "There Is Jesus"
  • "For the Record"
  • "Do You Know How It Feels"
  • "I've Won"
After they finished, Duane gave Connie and Sheryl time to get to the top of the stairs to the product table. He asked Peg if she would sing the last chorus of "God on the Mountain" and had everyone sing with her so everyone there could say they sang "God on the Mountain" with Peg and the McKameys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!