The thing I love about this group is that they really bring something different to the industry. They are their own style.
Here's a look at what they sang -
- "Let Your Light Shine"
- "I Wouldn't Miss Heaven for the World"
- "Gentle Shepherd" - Andrew does a great job on this arrangement of the familiar hymn. He really shows off his higher register.
- "Happy Rhythm" - This one featured the newest member of the Ball Brothers, Matt Davis.
- "Count Your Blessings" - Chad shows off that "big band" sound with this song.
- "Mary Did You Know" - Daniel said that since he got to pick the set list he was going to have them sing one of his favorite songs, which was more associated with Christmas, but
- "Victory in Jesus" - Love their take on this hymn!
- "Mercy Tree" - Great take on a more contemporary song. I'm glad they are introducing this song to Southern Gospel audiences.
- "Good Day"
- "Glory to God in the Highest"
- "I Smile" - The guys have a lot of fun with this one!
- "It's About the Cross" - Love this song!! One of my favorites.
The music was, of course, great, but it was also great hearing the hearts of the guys on the stage. Daniel shared a story of how they grew up with seven kids in a relatively small house. They didn't really think about it growing up but knew they didn't have a lot of things that other kids their age had like new basketball shoes. However, they realized how blessed they were when they had the chance to go on a mission trip and visited an orphanage. Daniel said he was amazed at the living conditions of those boys, the holes in the walls, the food they had to eat and the lack of heat in the building. He realized what it was really like to be poor and not being able to have basic needs of life. It gave him a better understanding of how blessed he was and how he committed to use his platform to help kids like he saw that day.
If you get a chance to see the Ball Brothers, don't miss them!