Here are some highlights of the night -
- "His Excellent Greatness" - This was one of the new songs featuring both Jeff Whisnant and Nick Trammell. I wasn't really familiar with the song, but it's not a brand new song. Glad this was one they chose to record.
- "Strange Way to Save the World" - Ethan Whisnant does a great job on this song!
- "Ordinary Donkey, Carrying a King" - Love this new song that features Susan. It's tells the story of Jesus' birth from the perspective of the donkey carrying Mary and Joseph that night, such a unique song!
- Non-Christmas Songs - It was the Christmas season, but I'm so glad the groups threw in a few non-Christmas songs. The Whisnants sang "All Is Well," and it was one of the most powerful moments of the night. Mark Trammell Quartet also sang one of their new songs, "My Faith Still Holds," such an incredible song. Of course, we had to hear a bit of "New Day Dawning," which the audience was on its feet clapping along.
- Traditional Christmas songs - They sang several familiar Christmas favorites like "Away in a Manger" and "Silent Night."
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" - One of my favorites and Mark Trammell Quartet does this one the best!
- "O Holy Night" - Mark Trammell sings this one solo, and his version is one of my favorites.
- "That's Why We Adore Him" - I love this song!! This one is one the new Christmas project and features the Whisnants. Beautiful song!!
I hope this tour with the Whisnants and Mark Trammell Quartet will continue for years to come! I love that this is becoming a Christmas tradition.