Monday, March 25, 2013

Changes for the Dixie Melody Boys

The Dixie Melody Boys announced some upcoming changes for the group on Friday. Steven Cooper will be stepping down as baritone singer. The Dixie Melody Boys posted this on Facebook Friday:

"We've had several emails and questions concerning Steven. We want to take the chance to tell you what is going on. Over the last two years Steven has been experiencing severe vocal issues. It has progressed to a point where his doctors feel that he needs to take a few years of vocal rest. Steven has been with us for five years and will continue to be a part of our team. Steven will be stepping down as baritone and assuming a new role. He will help Rayburn drive, assist with product and will play bass guitar. We are currently looking for someone who can sing but also play piano. We are planning to bring back a live band in our concerts. We ask that you pray for a healing for Steven. We also ask that you pray for guidance as we search for the right person to become part of our family."

 Steven Cooper added this:

“I want to thank everyone for their concern and understanding over the last year. It has been difficult time having to go through this as a singer. I hope that someday my voice will return and I will be able to sing again. I ask that you will keep me in your prayers as I trust God for a healing. I also want to thank Ed, Matt and Mike for their support in this change and for allowing me to remain a member of the group.”

I'm looking forward to what the future brings for this group, especially with them bringing back a live band. Praying for Steven that God will heal him and also for the future of the Dixie Melody Boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!