Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Singing and Surprises with Jeff and Sheri Easter - Concert Recap

The last concert I got to see in 2017 was Jeff and Sheri Easter. They made a stop in Arkansas around Thanksgiving, so I'm playing a bit of catch up today finally blogging about it.

I always love seeing this sweet family live in concert. You just never know what might happen with Jeff Easter or who might get called on stage to come join them. It was good to hear several new songs from Sing It Again along with a few surprises throughout the night. Here are a few highlights -
  • I love that they are staging "Like My Mother Does" from Morgan's solo project. I think this song suits her so well and is such a sweet picture of mother and daughter.
  • "Jesus Loves You" - I don't care how many times I hear this song, it never fails to speak to me.
  • "The Seeker" - It doesn't get much better than Sheri Easter singing a Dolly Parton song!
  • "On the Sea of Life" - This is a fun one to see and hear live that features Jeff. 
  • "Thread of Hope" - I'm so glad someone requested this song. This is probably my favorite Jeff and Sheri song. Always love getting to hear it live!
  • "Tis So Sweet" - Love this hymn that features Morgan.
  • Two of the audience members that night happened to be the Martin parents. They called Momma Martin up to sing one with them. She sang "Amazing Grace" with Jeff and Sheri. They called a few more from the church up to sing with them as well including the pastor and Nancy Norris, the daughter of a local promoter who passed away a couple of years ago.
They ended the night with "Precious Memories" and "Keep on the Sunny Side." It was such a sweet night with great singing, fun surprise guests and a time of worship and encouragement.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!