Friday, December 8, 2017

Cana's Voice - Concert Recap

I'm combining a Fun Clip Friday and a concert recap today. Several weeks ago, I got the chance to see Cana's Voice in Searcy, Arkansas. With this group's limited touring schedule, I was excited to see that they were going to be so close to me. I had seen them at Praisefest Branson and on tour with Mark Lowry but this was my first chance to see them in full concert by themselves. This is one of the most vocally talented groups on the road in my opinion.

It was a night filled with some traditional hymns, several songs from This Changes Everything and incredible testimonies.

Here are highlights from the night -
  • Doug and Jody both gave personal testimonies. It was great to hear them share their hearts. Doug that day had run into several travel issues and had a rough day to say the least. He sang "Jesus Saved Me (When I Couldn't Save Myself)" from his solo project. Then Jody gave his testimony about how God had worked and really performed miraculous deeds in his life before singing "Me," an incredibly powerful song.
  • They did a hymn request segment. Well, apparently Arkansans are not good at requesting well-known hymns. The first one I hadn't really heard of and the second was one I knew but wouldn't be able to tell you the words. The group was in the same boat. Haha! But then people started requesting the classics like "It Is Well," "How Great Thou Art," "Victory in Jesus" and "Power in the Blood." I loved hearing them sing these, and they even let the congregation sing along on a couple. But they ended the hymn segment with "Great Is Thy Faithfulness." Their a cappella version (clip above) is a must see and hear. It's absolutely incredible!
  • "Jesus Never Fails" - It doesn't matter how many times I hear this song, it's always going to be a highlight to hear it live. It's such a powerful song but powerhouse singers.
  • "I Won't Go Back" - Apparently this is not one they stage much but had a request for it. We've sang this in church a lot, but love their version of the song.
  • I loved hearing several others from their CD like "Love Anyway," "All My Reasons Are You" and "Big Enough."
If you get the chance to see this group, don't miss them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!