Thursday, September 7, 2017

Wrapping Up Southern Gospel Picnic

Well I'm finally getting a chance to wrap up the rest of Southern Gospel Picnic at Silver Dollar City. On Sunday, we enjoyed a great morning service with Dennis Swanberg. I got to see Voices of Lee, Jeff Stice and the Martins later that day. Then on Monday, I enjoyed the last day of the festival with Spoken 4 Quartet, the Diplomats and the Isaacs before heading back to the real world.

Here are highlights from the last two days -

Voices of Lee

This was my first time seeing this group live, and I was impressed!

  • "The Lord's Prayer"
  • "No Longer a Slave" - This song featured Tripp Hess (son of Judy Martin Hess). Since the Martins sang that night, his mom and other family members were there to support him. He did a great job on this feature!
  • "Higher"
  • "Gloryland Medley"


Jeff Stice
  • Andre Crouch Medley
  • "Hallelujah Chorus"
  • He brought Maddy on stage to sing "Sing." At 12 years old, she has quite a good voice!
The Martins
  • "He Leadeth Me"
  • "Love's Gonna Drive This Train"
  • "The Promise" - One of my favorite gospel songs ever. Love hearing this long live!
  • "Out of His Great Love"
  • "On Days Like This" - This is a new song that will be on their upcoming album. I think I have the title right. It was great hearing new material from them!
  • "You'll Never Walk Alone" - No one does a cappella like they do!
  • "Love Enough"
  • "I'm Still Standing" - Another new one that featured Judy!
  • "So High" - They were about to close the night when Duane Garren came out and said they had to sing this song! I'm glad he did!

Spoken 4 Quartet
  • "I Know My God Can Do It"
  • "Blessed Assurance" 
  • "Because He Lives" - Love hearing them on the classic hymns.
  • "Light at the End of the Darkness" - Great hearing Cecil featured on this song!
The Diplomats
  • "Sheltered in the Arms of God"
  • "Walking With Jesus"
  • "Scars on the Hands of Jesus" - Harold Reed was featured on this song. Love this one!
  • Their live band is incredible!
  • "I Wouldn't Take Nothing for my Journey Now"
The Isaacs
  • "Rocks"
  • "I Love You More" - Love hearing Sonya's testimony with this song. Definitely the moment of the night!
  • "If That Isn't Love"
  • "I Find It All in You"
  • "Yours Amen"
  • "Lord's Prayer" - You can't beat family a cappella harmonies.
  • "Walk On"
  • "If That's What It Takes" - Ben gave a bit of testimony before singing this song talking about how much it meant to him. 
It was a great festival again this year! Thank you Silver Dollar City, Brad Thomas, DA Callaway and Duane Garren for all you do to make this event happen each year!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!